+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GMS Injury - penalty?

I didn't see it until yesterday, and online obviously, since we were in the South Stand. We got a great view of Brown halving one of our players (McLennan) way after after he's laid the ball back though. What a morally-bankrupt, entitled tinky *******.

I've been ruminating the Boyata issue since.

If I recall my study of The Laws before I sat the refereeing exams in 1995, the term 'tackle' is used sparingly, if at all. The term used is 'challenge'.

Even if there was no intent, and I'd excuse Boyata of that, it was a challenge that was late by dint of our 11 getting to the ball first.

Had that been 80 inches lower, and Boyata had mistimed it with his clod-hopping foot, it would have been a penalty. Possible one of those fannies' penalties, but in the spirit of the current fanny interpretations prevalent in the game, a penalty, for a late/mis-timed challenge. "Accidental clash of heads" it may have been, in keeping with fitba cliche, but Boyayta's challenge was mis-timed to our quadruple disadvantage:

- no penalty
    - winger hospitalised and lost for the rest of the game
    - misses the game against Scumlite on Wednesday
    - they get up the other end right away and score

We were done, and not only on that occasion, by a referee waaaay out of his depth.

We met Joe Harper afterwards, and his assessment was "You'll never beat 12 men".

That's pretty much it.

And the general consensus is that we matched them well, with inferior players, and deserved something out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    PAC min, you cherry pick a snippet from the previous post to suit your own agenda, back on topic I genuinely do not think it was a penalty, we were beaten 1-0, end of, onwards and upwards.

SF
    In olden days, I agree, an accidental clash of heads.
    I'm not sure how late Boyatta was, however in the modern game, if you are late and don't get the ball, then its a foul.
    Anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul, I don;t understand why not because it was in the Celtic box.

have just emailed the SFA suggesting that in the interest of FAIR PLAY Boyata should be offered a two match ban -as mentioned above I will not hold my breath but something has to be done .

Quote Originally Posted by thecoach View Post
    have just emailed the SFA suggesting that in the interest of FAIR PLAY Boyata should be offered a two match ban -as mentioned above I will not hold my breath but something has to be done .
    Completely agree. Good shout with the email.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Cant comment on the penalty/no penalty as Angolan TV incredibly does not have Betfred highlights and the internet is powered by a hamster on a treadmill out here. But my old boy said it wasn't and hes an impartial dude and everyone else I have talked to says it wasn't.

I can and did comment on the bullsh@t that followed and that keeps being spouted. Its the go to excuse for everything when it makes no sense. 5 non Glasgow teams have won the Scottish (St Johnstone, PJMs, Hearts, Hibs, ICT)and 4 have won the league cup (Us, Killie, St Mirren, Ross County) in the last ten years.

An agenda you say. No just calling out utter pish
    We are not utter pish, how many of the teams you have mentioned have beaten Sevco under a decent manager or indeed Celtic under a decent manager in a final, FFS, you don’t like our coach, fair do’s, but spare us all the utter pish as you say after each time we get beaten, which tbh, is not that often.

We are at Bucksburn on Saturday, so still scope to hook up at Ellon later in the season.

SF

We are not utter pish, how many of the teams you have mentioned have beaten Sevco under a decent manager or indeed Celtic under a decent manager in a final, FFS, you don’t like our coach, fair do’s, but spare us all the utter pish as you say after each time we get beaten, which tbh, is not that often.

We are at Bucksburn on Saturday, so still scope to hook up at Ellon later in the season.

SF
    When st mirren won the league cup they beat us in quarters and then Celtic in semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    When st mirren won the league cup they beat us in quarters and then Celtic in semi final.
    Indeed, and both were a lot better then than both teams are now........that is a fact.......is it not ?

Indeed, and both were a lot better then than both teams are now........that is a fact.......is it not ?
    So It’s easier to win a cup now and how many have we won then

SF
    Im not saying we are utter pish and never did. Im saying the finance excuse is utter pish. 9 clubs in ten years have won trophies where there has been a gulf in finances which takes any credibility away from saying........

"the fact that we now have no real chance of winning anything, even a cup, due to the gulf in resources" .

Also i dont just vent my feelings on McInnes when we lose. Thats a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's about the 100th time I have heard that since Sunday

We won a cup four years ago when there was a massive chasm in finances and other teams have done it in recent history too inclusive of the OPs team
    How many have done it under BR?
    Who’s had the most opportunities?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast