+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GMS Injury - penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think you missed the point.
    Earlier Oacman was comparing DM’s record against Brendan Rogers Celtic.
    We’re also talking about opportunities to win trophies.
    Hence my query how have other clubs faired in the same time.
    Hope that helps.

Incidentally, despite the financial gap, there is always an opportunity to overcome the odds.
    We did reasonably well on Sunday and if we received a pen for the GMS incident, we may even could have went into the break 1-0 up.

The facts are however, the financial gulf, coupled with having a manager with a bit of nous, makes it even harder to win a trophy.
    The other teams weren't as good as us though. Three of them were at times either just winning promotion or going through different managers. We are meant to build on it season by season. That's not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I can't think of any. I don't remember anyone being that fussed about it at the time either.
    At the time, focus and concern was for GMS.
    Plenty have questioned it since.

Incidentally, part of law 12
    PLAYING IN A DANGEROUS MANNER

Playing in a dangerous manner is any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player themself) and includes preventing a nearby opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.
    Surely it’s evident that an injury occurred.

I have no doubt if it was the other way round, the defender would have been awarded with a foul.

Agreed, but in the modern day football, you have to wonder why not?
    Surely it’s endangering the players more than say a sliding tackle.s
    Can you point to other incidents in the modern game when a head clash has lead to a penalty or was this the first

I have no doubt if it was the other way round, the defender would have been awarded with a foul.
    I’m not sure if I agree, given that challenges in the air, apart from overt pushing and barging, are always “accidental”, but as I said earlier, if the clumsy Tim ersehole had got to the ball after our 11 on the ground, and our player had tumbled, every expert going, apart from cocksuckers like Hugh Keevins would have argued for a penalty.

Given McKenna’s punishment for WINNING a tackle against some faceless Tim nobody earliet this season, the Compliance Officer should be taking a look, although **** all of the sort will happen.

That's all very well but as Jupiter points out, those decisions aren't given. We would be feeling hard done by and this place would be in meltdown. That decision (or lack of) is not the reason we lost. If Celtic would have got that foul then why hasn't there been similar incidents over the years?

If there was a foul then I'm sure it's an indirect free kick but might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Can you point to other incidents in the modern game when a head clash has lead to a penalty or was this the first
    I’m not aware, but it does not preclude me from questioning it, when it is captured in the laws of the game.

I’m not aware, but it does not preclude me from questioning it, when it is captured in the laws of the game.
    Playing in a dangerous manner I hardly think you would plan on fouling someone by having a clash of heads given that the head is the hardest part of the body

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

If there was a foul then I'm sure it's an indirect free kick but might be wrong.
    Playing in a dangerous manner is an indirect free kick unless contact is made, in which it then becomes a direct free kick or penalty kick

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Playing in a dangerous manner I hardly think you would plan on fouling someone by having a clash of heads given that the head is the hardest part of the body
    Ok.............

Playing in a dangerous manner is an indirect free kick unless contact is made, in which it then becomes a direct free kick or penalty kick
    Fair enough but the point stands, there's never penalties for those incidents so why now? We lost because of our obvious weaknesses that haven't been addressed. We shouldn't be looking for excuses.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast