+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMS Injury - penalty?

GMS Injury - penalty?

Arab here in peace (mainly because we are not in a position to shout about anything just now).

Watched the game yesterday and can't understand why nobody was screaming for a penalty when Boyata clattered GMS.

I fully accept that there was no malice in the challenge from Boyata, but he was late, dangerous and got none of the ball.

If the ball had been rolled into GMS and Boyata had slid in recklessly and caught him then it would have been a penalty.

So, what is the difference just because it was their heads? As I say, late and reckless, so in my mind a penalty. Thought McInnes may have mentioned it too rather than talking about Christie.

Glad to hear GMS is ok though.

Obviously he’ll get done like McKenna did.

Don’t hold your breath though

What's the update on him? It doesn't say much on the AFC website. Was it just a concussion?

I heard we got him to sign a contract extension in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Obviously he’ll get done like McKenna did.

Don’t hold your breath though
    Thats something i agree with you on

Quote Originally Posted by Dundeeunitedfc View Post
    Arab here in peace (mainly because we are not in a position to shout about anything just now).

Watched the game yesterday and can't understand why nobody was screaming for a penalty when Boyata clattered GMS.

I fully accept that there was no malice in the challenge from Boyata, but he was late, dangerous and got none of the ball.

If the ball had been rolled into GMS and Boyata had slid in recklessly and caught him then it would have been a penalty.

So, what is the difference just because it was their heads? As I say, late and reckless, so in my mind a penalty. Thought McInnes may have mentioned it too rather than talking about Christie.

Glad to hear GMS is ok though.
    Typed a full reply, in support of that comment, but it’s deleted itself ... YES, it’s a bloody penalty, as I said in numerous posts yesterday!

Seriously considering giving up on all of this after decades of supporting AFC through thick and thin, due to (a) Old Firm bias - yesterday a case (two in fact!) in point; (b) the fact that we now have no real chance of winning anything, even a cup, due to the gulf in resources and (c) the likes of Brown and Lustig, who claim this invincibility tag, when the fact is that the likes of Simmy and the late Tatty Cooper would have knocked them all into oblivion; fact.

To goad Ferguson and Shinnie after winning, was quite despicable to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    (b) the fact that we now have no real chance of winning anything, even a cup, due to the gulf in resources .

That's about the 100th time I have heard that since Sunday

We won a cup four years ago when there was a massive chasm in finances and other teams have done it in recent history too inclusive of the OPs team

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's about the 100th time I have heard that since Sunday

We won a cup four years ago when there was a massive chasm in finances and other teams have done it in recent history too inclusive of the OPs team
    PAC min, you cherry pick a snippet from the previous post to suit your own agenda, back on topic I genuinely do not think it was a penalty, we were beaten 1-0, end of, onwards and upwards.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    PAC min, you cherry pick a snippet from the previous post to suit your own agenda, back on topic I genuinely do not think it was a penalty, we were beaten 1-0, end of, onwards and upwards.

SF
    correctamundo I had a conversation with a former referee once and asked why a penalty isn't given when a player takes a shot at goal within the box, misses but is clattered by a defender in the process. He said nothing but booked me for dissent.

Wouldn't have been an issue however I was at a dinner dance at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

SF
    Cant comment on the penalty/no penalty as Angolan TV incredibly does not have Betfred highlights and the internet is powered by a hamster on a treadmill out here. But my old boy said it wasn't and hes an impartial dude and everyone else I have talked to says it wasn't.

I can and did comment on the bullsh@t that followed and that keeps being spouted. Its the go to excuse for everything when it makes no sense. 5 non Glasgow teams have won the Scottish (St Johnstone, PJMs, Hearts, Hibs, ICT)and 4 have won the league cup (Us, Killie, St Mirren, Ross County) in the last ten years.

An agenda you say. No just calling out utter pish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast