+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester city v the millers - official thread

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you have said on this thread IBS and a I was thinking simular. I sat watching the last half of the draw with my wife who isn't remotely interested in football and I kind of groaned with the draw where as in the past I'd have been more motivated.
    The FA Cup being a full days entertainment has long since gone in the same way that Millmoor was a great place for us as Millers. This is progress I suppose and unfortunately the FA killed this competition years ago by allowing Man Utd not to participate.

But this is what dreams are made of! Put yourself back 20 or so years and you'd have been as giddy as a kipper thinking of what will be.
    I have come to the conclusion that I haven't that many chances of seeing these types of games and will be all over this one.

The odds of us going through are long but life is too short not to look forrud to it surely.

We've nowt to lose!!!
    Frog, I just think it is all a bit hollow.

The majority of Millers fans trash the FA cup all year round, correctly in my view, because it has long ago lost the magic it once undoubtedly had.

It reminds me of when we won the auto glass....yes it was an ok day out but it left me feeling a bit empty inside. It could not compare with winning promotion . It was the crumbs tossed to the smaller clubs to keep them quiet while the fat cats continued to feast on the choicest meats.

Can anyone remember when John Terry got sent off for Chelsea in the Champions League semi and missed the final which Chelsea won ?Well Terry jumped on the podium at the final whistle and grabbed the trophy. He tried his best to celebrate but deep down he knew it didn't count. He missed the final and no stupid dance with the trophy could replace that.

I imagine most of our supporters if they were really honest must feel like this after the cup draw. They will book the mini bus, have too much to drink, put on a silly wig, try their best to sing as loud as they can but it won't cover up the fact that the FA cup is a sham.

It will dawn on them after 20 minutes when City are 3-0 up and they will be stood at the Etihad with smudged face paint on, wondering why they got so excited about.

I'm not one to defend Man.Utd. usually, but my recollection of events was that Fergie didn't want to send a strong team to the FIFA World Club Championship competition. Allegedly, the FA were told by FIFA that if Man Utd didn't send a strong team, it could damage England's bid to host the World Cup (whatever happened to that bid? -LOL!). No deal could be done to postpone Man. Utd. Premier League fixtures either (which Fergie regarded as the more important), so the compromise was that Man. Utd. were "excused" from playing in the FA Cup to reduce their fixture congestion..... so a combination of Man. Utd., FIFA, the FA and the Premier League was to blame... the FA probably being the worst, as the FA Cup is their own "flagship" competition
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

The majority of Millers fans trash the FA cup all year round, correctly in my view, because it has long ago lost the magic it once undoubtedly had.

It reminds me of when we won the auto glass....yes it was an ok day out but it left me feeling a bit empty inside. It could not compare with winning promotion . It was the crumbs tossed to the smaller clubs to keep them quiet while the fat cats continued to feast on the choicest meats.

Can anyone remember when John Terry got sent off for Chelsea in the Champions League semi and missed the final which Chelsea won ?Well Terry jumped on the podium at the final whistle and grabbed the trophy. He tried his best to celebrate but deep down he knew it didn't count. He missed the final and no stupid dance with the trophy could replace that.

I imagine most of our supporters if they were really honest must feel like this after the cup draw. They will book the mini bus, have too much to drink, put on a silly wig, try their best to sing as loud as they can but it won't cover up the fact that the FA cup is a sham.

It will dawn on them after 20 minutes when City are 3-0 up and they will be stood at the Etihad with smudged face paint on, wondering why they got so excited about.
    Maybe you feel like this because we never go very far in the competition?.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I'm not one to defend Man.Utd. usually, but my recollection of events was that Fergie didn't want to send a strong team to the FIFA World Club Championship competition. Allegedly, the FA were told by FIFA that if Man Utd didn't send a strong team, it could damage England's bid to host the World Cup (whatever happened to that bid? -LOL!). No deal could be done to postpone Man. Utd. Premier League fixtures either (which Fergie regarded as the more important), so the compromise was that Man. Utd. were "excused" from playing in the FA Cup to reduce their fixture congestion..... so a combination of Man. Utd., FIFA, the FA and the Premier League was to blame... the FA probably being the worst, as the FA Cup is their own "flagship" competition
    Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe you feel like this because we never go very far in the competition?.
    I was thinking that awhen I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

But we could win!!!!!

I'm going to enjoy it because it doesn't come round that often that we get a big club in any round. I won't be going though. The uncertainty of the kick off, the flights and expense of everything round it but I'm hoping that I kick myself afterwards.

Hospitality for this game is £129
    What you get is not bad imo.

SCHEDULE
    Matchday schedule based on a 15:00 kick-off

12:30
    Hospitality opens

Arrive and enter via The Colin Bell Stand Reception where hostesses will welcome you.

Enjoy all the pre-match entertainment including interviews from players and special guests.

Welcome the players as they enter the suite on the way to their changing rooms.

Enjoy unlimited contemporary dining and complimentary house beer, wine and soft drinks.

15:00
    Kick off

15:45
    Half time

Premium snacks and complimentary drinks available.

16:00
    Second half

16:45
    Full time refreshments

17:45
    Hospitality closes

Food

Grazing and Sharing Platters pre-match

Grilled Padrón peppers with Maldon salt
    British charcuterie meats and cheese
    12-hour sourdough and focaccia
    Freshly churned parsley butter and roasted garlic
    Warm flatbreads with toasted seeds and oil
    Freekeh, smoked feta, beets and herbs
    Ox cheek bourguignon
    Pumpkin gnocchi and aged Parmesan cheese
    Slow cooked corn-fed chicken
    Chargrilled flat iron steak with ciabatta bread, salsa verde and salty fries
    Salt cod croquettes
    Vietnamese spiced king prawn and pork belly muffin and pork crackling

Half time refreshments

Beef consommé with Madeira
    Vegetable and Marmite consommé

Full-time refreshments

Triple chocolate brownies
    Assorted doughnuts
    Vanilla mille-feuille
    Macaron selection

That’s fantastic value. What a day out that will be!

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That’s fantastic value. What a day out that will be!
    From what I've seen poking out from some of the home shirts. I'm sure all you can eat and drink will be a bargain

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast