+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good luck

Alf, one of the fellas I worked with when I lived in Burnley used to say that the stand had Central heating..... never believed him as 90% of the Town didn’t have it at that time..... Was it true?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye he only achieved european football with a small club on a relatively low budget .

A shaky start to the season and bin him off !!!

Tha not think he deserves a bit of time to turn it around steve ?
    Sentiment or staying up mate? I'd always act in the best interests of the club rather than the individual no matter what his reputation. I've seen Burnley a few times this season and they've been shocking and one dimensional. A bit like us last season under Hecky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Alf, one of the fellas I worked with when I lived in Burnley used to say that the stand had Central heating..... never believed him as 90% of the Town didn’t have it at that time..... Was it true?
    Yes,it's true ..Its now the away stand Jules..

quote "
    Turf Moor offers away seating for 4125 fans within the all seated Cricket Field Stand. The view and legroom are pretty good as this was one of the most modern stands in the country when it was erected in the seventies. The seats are made from wood and the rake big enough for knee room. When this stand opened it was the first in the country to have central heating installed with hot pipes under the seats. They have never been used, even when it was for home fans ! "

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,it's true ..Its now the away stand Jules..

quote "
    Turf Moor offers away seating for 4125 fans within the all seated Cricket Field Stand. The view and legroom are pretty good as this was one of the most modern stands in the country when it was erected in the seventies. The seats are made from wood and the rake big enough for knee room. When this stand opened it was the first in the country to have central heating installed with hot pipes under the seats. They have never been used, even when it was for home fans ! "

Lol. Mi last visit to Turf Moor worra midweeker and i saw us storm into a 2 nowt lead afooar your lot came back to win 4-2. Think it wo abart 2006, your edda big lad up front and ar defence simply couldn't handle him, worriz name Noel Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Lol. Mi last visit to Turf Moor worra midweeker and i saw us storm into a 2 nowt lead afooar your lot came back to win 4-2. Think it wo abart 2006, your edda big lad up front and ar defence simply couldn't handle him, worriz name Noel Williams?
    It wasn't Adabadbuy was it?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Not sure mate,he did play for the Clarets but I can't remember if he was playing in that match..You will have to check your records against us..

Not sure mate,he did play for the Clarets but I can't remember if he was playing in that match..You will have to check your records against us..
    Ade Akinbiyi

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Ade Akinbiyi
    Cheers mate,he was quite a good player..

In recent years visiting Turf Mooar tha cud allus smell the dressing room showers cummin up through the stand at the away end wi the wooden seeats. Izzit still the same place ?

Just had a look at records mate. It was indeed Gifton Noel Williams who was our assassin that night, he came off the bench with 35 mins played (for Alan Mahon) and scored a hatrick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12