+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Burnley v Liverpool

S.D Post Match.

......got to get back to being Us

and Klapp told the ref....slidings tackles - please tell them, you cannot do that !

Well we have lost again but the performance was much better. We were not luck or unlucky we just got punished trying to equalise. The performance was set by the first tackle by Phil Bardsley who was magnificent tonight along with Tarks. We probably just need Gibson to give us a bit more security. Aggressive performances are needed for the remaining games and we will be ok.

I don't remember Ben Mee's challenge on Gomez as a sliding tackle from 7 yards away, it was a perfect challenge, I like Klopp and most of his interview, shame he had to spoil it with this nonsense, he seems to be joining in with the others and taking away contact from Football, its NOT on in my book.

I'm with you on this alto. I thought that Klopp's moaning about the tackles was way out of line, however, it is definitely the way the game is going and I am totally convinced that we are only a couple of years away from every tackle or contact being penalised one way or another. I lost count of the number of times a Liverpool player was tackled and then stayed on the ground complaining to the referee. Fair play to Stuart Attwell last night because he didn't fall for it, however, he will probably get reprimanded by TGMOL!!

Talking of tackles ,the one Vydra made when he was booked was a perfect tackle with no contact whatsoever..A very poor decision by the ref to give a foul ..He took the ball perfectly

Yes Alf, he played the ball fairly yet got booked for doing so.

I also noticed one of ours not going for a 50 50 ball, years ago we'd have said "He bottled it" or "He chickened out", nowadays we don't know if they did Wimp out or didn't challenge because afraid of being penalised, bit by bit, piece by piece they are dismantling our game, soon you will not be allowed to sing as it will be deemed too aggressive, informal or loud

Played in Germany many times Alto and boy do they not like a tackle on them.
    You’d think they’d been shot sometimes- it’s German mentality that . If Gomez had made the tackle he d be brilliant

I agree, army, and I played in Germany back in the 1960s and 70s and it was just the same then. Mind you, we used to play on a lot of shale pitches so you had to be a but mental to even think about a sliding tackle --nevertheless, there was the odd occasion ----and I still have the scars to prove it!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)