+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Takeover

Takeover

Question abot takeover

I dont know but could any new owner if NUFC send Ashley a huge bill for unpaid advertising since 2007 SD adverts plastered all over St James Park we must of lost out millions of paying adverts.

I don't think so. It's probably Ashley's money to keep. He'll make sure of that before he hands over ownership.

I have another question; are we even sure that we can find a better owner than Ashley? Not to go all you-know-who on you, but it's not a certainty that we will get someone in who sees this club as anything else than what MA sees it as; money to be made.

I feel like anything other than Ashley at this point would be good, but we can't be sure that we'll get ambitious owners in. Can we?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I don't think so. It's probably Ashley's money to keep. He'll make sure of that before he hands over ownership.

I have another question; are we even sure that we can find a better owner than Ashley? Not to go all you-know-who on you, but it's not a certainty that we will get someone in who sees this club as anything else than what MA sees it as; money to be made.

I feel like anything other than Ashley at this point would be good, but we can't be sure that we'll get ambitious owners in. Can we?
    I doubt if anyone could be worse

What would be the point of any new owner buying a club such as ours and not trying to develop it for it's potential and not wanting success.

Even the greedy Glazers at Manure tried to ensure that success was included in their package.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)