Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Happy birthday the morra . . .

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,406

    Happy birthday the morra . . .

    . . . to the one and only Sir Stephen Dobbie - 36 years young - aw the best mate - you are a Doonhamer
    legend !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    . . . to the one and only Sir Stephen Dobbie - 36 years young - aw the best mate - you are a Doonhamer
    legend !


    Dobbie remains a class act on & off the park. He enjoys meeting the fans as much as they do meeting him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Dobbie remains a class act on & off the park. He enjoys meeting the fans as much as they do meeting him.
    A total gentleman....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,901
    A geniune guy and that makes the legend part all the better. Nice as ninepence .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    A geniune guy and that makes the legend part all the better. Nice as ninepence .
    Hope the Dobmeister has enough puff left to blow out the 36 candles today after all his efforts for Queen of the South
    FC this season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Hope the Dobmeister has enough puff left to blow out theu 36 candles today after all his efforts for Queen of the South
    FC this season.
    Lets not forget that Dobbie is only 12 goals short of equalling Nicky Clark's incredible 41 goals of 2012/13.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Lets not forget that Dobbie is only 12 goals short of equalling Nicky Clark's incredible 41 goals of 2012/13.
    Jimmy Rutherford 1931-32 also scored 41 goals

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    412
    Happy Birthday QOS Legend.
    Talking about 41 goals that just happens to be how many goals Dobbie scored for Queens aged 35.
    I look forward to seeing him still bang in the goals even though he is now a year older.

    Stephen Dobbie 41 Goals for Queens aged 35
    Dunfermline - 3 Goals
    St Mirren - 1 Goal
    Falkirk - 1 Goal
    Brechin City - 3 Goals
    Greenock Morton - 1 Goal
    Brechin City - 3 Goals
    Stranraer - 2 Goals
    Clyde - 3 Goals
    Edinburgh City - 2 Goals
    Dundee United - 1 Goal
    Stenhousemuir - 2 Goals
    St Johnstone - 1 Goal
    Falkirk - 3 Goals
    Ayr Utd - 4 Goals
    Crusaders FC - 2 Goals
    Partick Thistle - 1 Goal
    Alloa Athletic - 3 Goals
    Greenock Morton - 1 Goal
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 1 Goal
    Formartine United - 2 Goals
    Partick Thistle - 1 Goal

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Happy Birthday QOS Legend.
    Talking about 41 goals that just happens to be how many goals Dobbie scored for Queens aged 35.
    I look forward to seeing him still bang in the goals even though he is now a year older.

    Stephen Dobbie 41 Goals for Queens aged 35
    Dunfermline - 3 Goals
    St Mirren - 1 Goal
    Falkirk - 1 Goal
    Brechin City - 3 Goals
    Greenock Morton - 1 Goal
    Brechin City - 3 Goals
    Stranraer - 2 Goals
    Clyde - 3 Goals
    Edinburgh City - 2 Goals
    Dundee United - 1 Goal
    Stenhousemuir - 2 Goals
    St Johnstone - 1 Goal
    Falkirk - 3 Goals
    Ayr Utd - 4 Goals
    Crusaders FC - 2 Goals
    Partick Thistle - 1 Goal
    Alloa Athletic - 3 Goals
    Greenock Morton - 1 Goal
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 1 Goal
    Formartine United - 2 Goals
    Partick Thistle - 1 Goal
    Notice Greenock Morton is listed twice with one goal, so that should read Greenock Morton 2...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Notice Greenock Morton is listed twice with one goal, so that should read Greenock Morton 2...
    Yeah I know as like Brechin,Falkirk and Partick down twice rather than once because I did it as goals per match than against teams.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Yeah I know as like Brechin,Falkirk and Partick down twice rather than once because I did it as goals per match than against teams.
    I see. No worries...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Did Dobbie score 2 hat-tricks during his first spell. Four vs. Clyde at Palmerston and a quick fire treble in a sub's appearance at Cappielow vs. Greenock Morton?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Did Dobbie score 2 hat-tricks during his first spell. Four vs. Clyde at Palmerston and a quick fire treble in a sub's appearance at Cappielow vs. Greenock Morton?
    Correct.Three v Morton on 19/01/2008 and four v Clyde on 25/04/2009

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Correct.Three v Morton on 19/01/2008 and four v Clyde on 25/04/2009
    Yeah but he already knew that

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    . . . to the one and only Sir Stephen Dobbie - 36 years young - aw the best mate - you are a Doonhamer
    legend !
    Kenny Miller still scoring hat tricks at 38 so no reason why Sir Stephen can’t go on for a couple of years yet if he continues to look after himself!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Correct.Three v Morton on 19/01/2008 and four v Clyde on 25/04/2009
    Thanks for that

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Correct.Three v Morton on 19/01/2008 and four v Clyde on 25/04/2009
    I needed clarification...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Lets not forget that Dobbie is only 12 goals short of equalling Nicky Clark's incredible 41 goals of 2012/13.


    yep jr i reckon that record is going to get blown away before end of season dobs is a class act .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •