+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Fans

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    giving it large about Notts tickets sales being low , Then they are Jizzing at the thought of managing to Get over 6K on Saturday, its a BIG family day out for them
    I always thought a family day out for them is when they're in bed together

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Or to look at it another way, it's a bit like us finding ourselves in the same division as Forest most of the time, and being pretty much guaranteed to hammer them each time we play . Can you imagine? No wonder Mansfield fans get excited.
    I wouldn't have put it that way round,

It's a long time since a Notts team competed in a match against Mansfield. For several seasons we've just not been at the races mentally or physically when we play them. First and foremost I'd like us to harass and bully them from the first whistle. Break the play up with professional fouls in their half not allowing them to build momentum. Hopefully still be in the game late on and nick a scruffy winner.
    We need to understand where we are in the league and why. Our players are poor, they cannot play progressive football, we have to graft and grind and earn every point from now until May. Because these players put us where we are. I hope Ardley can instil some pride into them.
    Saturday and an ugly win would be a start

It's pretty hard for Mansfield fans to understand how we feel. I started watching Notts in the early 90s. I've seen us play in all four divisions, and this is pretty much the worst we've ever been during my lifetime. Mansfield, on the other hand, have had a couple of seasons in the third tier, a few on the Conference, and the rest have been as a run-of-the-mill fourth tier club. Having a top-three budget and being considered among the favourites in L2 is about as good as it gets for them.

It's a bit like them dropping down to the National League North and having local derbies against Alfreton. And is if that's not bad enough, they are pretty much guaranteed to get hammered every time. I wonder how optimistic their fans would be in such a situation.

Games against Mansfield these days are nothing more than a ritual humiliation. A 90-minute representation of just how far we have fallen. It's ****ing embarrassing, to be honest.
    If you were as old as some of us, you would have seen them in the second tier. Mind you, they were still ****e.

Given that Mansfield are a far superior team and club to Notts in many ways currently I have no issue with their fans giving it large but I do hope that Ardley shoves it down their throats on saturday. We have nothing to lose as I think we all expect a good hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If you were as old as some of us, you would have seen them in the second tier. Mind you, they were still ****e.
    Fair enough. I just know that when I started watching Notts, we were playing Man Utd in the league, and local derbies were with Forest, Derby, Leicester, etc. Mansfield were just the team we beat on in the County Cup semi-final. Now we're playing them every year, and they are miles ahead of us on the pitch.

Fair play to them though. They seem a well-run club. Sure, they have a bigger budget than most at this level - at least they have for the last three seasons - but they seem to use the money well. I think they've underachieved the last two years, but this year I expect them to make automatic, or playoffs at least. Then we really will be the third team in Nottingham. And as much as it pains me to say, their fans usually make it a good atmosphere.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 05-12-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Fair enough. I just know that when I started watching Notts, we were playing Man Utd in the league, and local derbies were with Forest, Derby, Leicester, etc. Mansfield were just the team we beat on in the County Cup semi-final. Now we're playing them every year, and they are miles ahead of us on the pitch.
    It was only one year they were in the old Second Division, 1977/78. We beat them home and away and they got relegated. That year, Spurs were promoted in 3rd place. Imagine Spurs playing at Field Mill.

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/ncfc7778.html

Wow that brings back some memories.
    Losing away at f-word, then winning at field mill in the same week
    FA cup run including battle of Brighton beach, then the wilds of south London for the day out at millwall.
    Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Given that Mansfield are a far superior team and club to Notts in many ways currently I have no issue with their fans giving it large but I do hope that Ardley shoves it down their throats on saturday. We have nothing to lose as I think we all expect a good hiding.
    Mansfield are not superior to us in any way mate. They may be playing better football than us at the moment but that will change soon. Have faith in the new man!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    They may be playing better football than us at the moment
    "The Rose and Crown" are playing better football than us at the moment
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-12-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast