+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Fans

Mansfield Fans

giving it large about Notts tickets sales being low , Then they are Jizzing at the thought of managing to Get over 6K on Saturday, its a BIG family day out for them

They should give us the quarry lane end as they never fill it, you see Saturday

think Mansfield should be more concerned what they need to do to get their own fans in the ground never mind away fans .

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    giving it large about Notts tickets sales being low , Then they are Jizzing at the thought of managing to Get over 6K on Saturday, its a BIG family day out for them
    Hardly a day out is it. coppers take you straight to the ground, treat you like animals.
    completely different to their games at meadow lane

Why wouldn't they be giving it large? We're **** and their it.. As for slow ticket sales, why would anybody want to put themselves through the agony of another good hiding in that dump.. It's alright some on here saying we need to get behind Neal Ardley but this team as knocked all the enthusiasm out of me, so for that reason it's a no from me!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALPIECINO View Post
    It's alright some on here saying we need to get behind Neal Ardley but this team as knocked all the enthusiasm out of me, so for that reason it's a no from me!!
    Cannot blame you one bit !

The Staggies are having a field day on social media.

A workmate posted me the lyrics to a song that's doing the rounds. It's about Big Al, following him saying he was in tears after the Carlisle game.

Sung to the Evita theme tune:

"Don't cry for me Alan Hardy
    The truth is you're goin' down
    You gobby clown
    Goin' down
    Alan Hardy
    Alan Hardeeeee"

The thought of the Quarry Lane End singing this after another wooping, makes post Black Friday / pre-xmas shopping with the wife seem a much more palatable!

It's pretty hard for Mansfield fans to understand how we feel. I started watching Notts in the early 90s. I've seen us play in all four divisions, and this is pretty much the worst we've ever been during my lifetime. Mansfield, on the other hand, have had a couple of seasons in the third tier, a few on the Conference, and the rest have been as a run-of-the-mill fourth tier club. Having a top-three budget and being considered among the favourites in L2 is about as good as it gets for them.

It's a bit like them dropping down to the National League North and having local derbies against Alfreton. And is if that's not bad enough, they are pretty much guaranteed to get hammered every time. I wonder how optimistic their fans would be in such a situation.

Games against Mansfield these days are nothing more than a ritual humiliation. A 90-minute representation of just how far we have fallen. It's ****ing embarrassing, to be honest.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 04-12-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's pretty hard for Mansfield fans to understand how we feel. I started watching Notts in the early 90s. I've seen us play in all four divisions, and this is pretty much the worst we've ever been during my lifetime. Mansfield, on the other hand, have had a couple of seasons in the third tier, a few on the Conference, and the rest have been as a run-of-the-mill fourth tier club. Having a top-three budget and being considered among the favourites in L2 is about as good as it gets for them.

It's a bit like them dropping down to the National League North and having local derbies against Alfreton. And is if that's not bad enough, they are pretty much guaranteed to get hammered every time. I wonder how optimistic their fans would be in such a situation.

Games against Mansfield these days are nothing more than a ritual humiliation. A 90-minute representation of just how far we have fallen. It's ****ing embarrassing, to be honest.
    Or to look at it another way, it's a bit like us finding ourselves in the same division as Forest most of the time, and being pretty much guaranteed to hammer them each time we play . Can you imagine? No wonder Mansfield fans get excited.

They have every right to gloat. Look at the table. Doesn't really matter how many they get through the gate they are 16 points and 17 places better than us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast