Quote Originally Posted by Chockwood View Post
I hear what you're saying SP, and you are right all things being equal County are not a 91st place club, but the game is changing, and when the likes of Burton and to a greater extent Bournemouth can get up there et al then no one is guaranteed a place in the elite or from near extinction.
At the moment many at our end are in a dreamland that soon we will be in at least 1 higher league maybe 2.
We will never get the likes of 10000 at home on a regular basis, even though Lincoln have bucked that trend, and of course there is a perverse delight taken in seeing one of our bigger rivals struggling.
For me if we lose the likes of County Chesterfield, Stockport, York Darlington and Poolies even, we lose a lot of the character of lower league football.
County won't go down, I know that was said of us, but I think Ardley is clever enough to get you out comfortably even now.
You love your club as I do mine, and football fans everywhere are the same. Bigger threats to the whole game for me come in the form of U21 teams competing in what was a bloody good lower league competition, that I fear will only spread, and i'd much rather play games like tomorrow than Chelsea reserves or whoever.

By the way, I know policing at Mansfield is very tight, but if you make your way early enough for a quiet beer you won't find a problem in many of the pubs there.
Safe day pal........but hopefully nil poin
I'm abroad so will only be watching on iFollow. Hopefully it'll be an entertaining game. I'll be happy if we at least make a fight of it and show some passion.

Enjoy the game - but not too much