+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Reading

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Reading

I saw a funny tweet this week from a Reading fan who seems hell bent on coming to Rotherham and beating everyone he meets up. I know each team has its own idiots but this made me laugh! I have never though of Reading as a place that would want to grow a reputation for this sort of thing.
    Reading in fact for me hold no emotion at all other than I once went for an interview there. I've not been to the stadium at all but would like to and one day I may, who knows?
    I do remember Pardew moaning about how his team were better than us and we didn't deserve to be promoted. He was probably right about his players being better than us but not his team! You see at that point we had King Ronnie as manager and in the team we had some decent players but like today t was all about the team.

That team that went on and beat Reading to second spot was full of players that now manage our team! It's gone full circle but we're on a high where as they're on a low! They are in the relegation place where most pundits said we'd be.

Today is probably the most important game so far ths season. A win today gives us some breathing space but a loss puts us right into where we don't want to be for Christmas! And I don't mean with the mother-in-law!

The weather conditions will play a part today! We have to battle for everything and be confident!

We can do this!

Milers to win 3-1

Welcome Millersmadsters around the world to a chilly overcast NYS. No snow/sleet yet, but temperature won't be much above zero at the match, so get well wrapped up if you are going to the NYS today. Let's hope that the team will warm us up with a good performance on the pitch.

This will be a game that we aren't used to, the bookies make us favourites, so now we have to handle the pressure. We are playing against a team who are low on confidence, and also quite a few of their supporters think that we will win, I hope they are right.
    I believe that today is the day we start with both smith and proctor up front and play with 3 at the back, although to counter this I would play a sort of 3-2-3-2 formation, with Vyner, Robertson and Mattock the back 3, and Ajayi and Vaulks in front of the back 3 and a midfield attacking 3 of any from Manning, Towell, Williams, Taylor, Forde, Palmer, and Wiles, leaving Smith and Proctor up front. It's time I think to be proactive from the start for this game, instead of reactive, as we usually are.

Black ice warning, dangerous driving conditions, be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    This will be a game that we aren't used to, the bookies make us favourites, so now we have to handle the pressure. We are playing against a team who are low on confidence, and also quite a few of their supporters think that we will win, I hope they are right.
    I believe that today is the day we start with both smith and proctor up front and play with 3 at the back, although to counter this I would play a sort of 3-2-3-2 formation, with Vyner, Robertson and Mattock the back 3, and Ajayi and Vaulks in front of the back 3 and a midfield attacking 3 of any from Manning, Towell, Williams, Taylor, Forde, Palmer, and Wiles, leaving Smith and Proctor up front. It's time I think to be proactive from the start for this game, instead of reactive, as we usually are.
    Wow Ronners. I think with that formation that I'd like to see.

Rodak
    Ajayi - Robertson - Mattock
    Palmer - Vaulks
    Forde - Towell - Williams
    Proctor - Smith

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wow Ronners. I think with that formation that I'd like to see.

Rodak
    Ajayi - Robertson - Mattock
    Palmer - Vaulks
    Forde - Towell - Williams
    Proctor - Smith
    I like the look of that too frog, although the main reason I put Vaulks and Ajayi as the 2 defensive midfielders was because as our full backs try to support the midfield, both Ajayi and Vaulks have both played at full back/centre back, and if needed could just slot in to cover.

I like the look of that too frog, although the main reason I put Vaulks and Ajayi as the 2 defensive midfielders was because as our full backs try to support the midfield, both Ajayi and Vaulks have both played at full back/centre back, and if needed could just slot in to cover.
    My thoughts were that Ajayi can distribute the ball better than Vyner and is better at collecting it on the move. Forde would cover him better and be more available for the shorter pass. Palmer is also better on the ball in the middle of midfield and would free Vaulks to get into better shooting positions.

Ronners we can dream all we like with formations and I like your seat up but, today will be another 4-5 1 as Warne will not change, even if the game is there for the taking.

I want us to win but Reading are in a worse predicament than us so they too will be up for this one.

Another draw? I seriously hope not.

Wrap up warm folks it's a cold one! brrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ronners we can dream all we like with formations and I like your seat up but, today will be another 4-5 1 as Warne will not change, even if the game is there for the taking.

I want us to win but Reading are in a worse predicament than us so they too will be up for this one.

Another draw? I seriously hope not.

Wrap up warm folks it's a cold one! brrrrrrrrr
    Probably will set up as usual Brin, and I'm just setting off for match, I've had to practice sitting down before I leave as I've got that many clothes on�� 1-0 to us today boys UTM

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast