+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will the Wolves boycott

Will the Wolves boycott

Put off any supposed buyers.

The latest press reports say there are 3 potential buyers with two of them signing non disclosure agreements last month.
    I take everything Ash says with a bucket of salt but if it is true this time would protests put off foreign buyers?

For me, it's more a case of maybe the boycott finally being the straw that broke Ashley's back.

He must be so sick of this club now that every little bit of trouble must move him closer to the position where we're literally more trouble than we're worth. Shite Direct's share price is way down and , whilst the are other factors (market forces, etc) which are the main contributors to that, if there's the slightest chance that any negative or adverse publicity associated with his dealings with us is also a factor, then we need to keep the pressure on. As I said last night., he'll have a tipping point and a successful boycott would, imo, help push him towards it.

Any potential investor would know exactly what the protests were about and I think they'd look at how he's run the club, shrug their shoulders and not be bothered by it.

My seat will be empty on Sunday. (although me Dad said 'oh, you're not going...have you managed to give your ticket to anyone?'... )

I think a successful boycott would help the fans by showing fcb we really can't take any more of his bull. It would also make the news (even sky couldn't ignore it) and therefore show prospective buyers that we are a "big deal" and therefore great for their interests be it advertising g their company or boosting their ego.

Not a chance. Was the current Liverpool owner put off when he saw thousands marching up Walton Breck Road in protest of Gillette and Hicks? No.

Get behind the protest we might just push him over the edge to think it is the best for him. He hates bad publicity and we need to keep it going. As far as I’m concerned you can’t complain now if you aren’t willing to stand up against him. He’s taken the p1ss for far too long.

As above it didn't put new Liverpool owners off .fatty is on the floor now he is just getting the count to 10 ..protests need to be kept up

Beginning of the end, I think. mate of mine who knows Ashley's people (I know, I know) reckons he wants to move away from us-and sports retail-and into the high street...higher margins and he wants to be the 'saviour' of the high street. Needs his money now as january is set to be the worst, sales wise, for donkeys which means better value for him.

Bollocks? Maybe, maybe not but I get this wee feeling that real momentum is building...

Might just be wind, mind...

I could see that.

When he bought us he wanted to be the saviour, one of the fans - he wants the adulation but that is difficult to get in football really.

The high street, it's ****ed but he might get that if he can prolong it for a bit.

I think it's 95% *******s but that 5% feels different to other times.

Watch the press tomorrow. There is going to be a press release from the MG.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)