+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tonight

As for the tie itself against a team of Man City 'kids', I never thought it would be a walkover that a lot of our fans were expecting it to be. Although the stats and our chances created will show you we should have comfortably seen them off, and had Woodrow scored his pen in normal time, that probably would have happened.
    But its done with now and apart from the FA cup when it comes around in a months time, we must get back now to picking up wins and the odd draw here and there to stay in touch with the promotion race. I agree that this was always going to be our number 1 priority this season and its still within our reach isn't it, despite losing at Sunderland like we did!.

I also rated McCarthy (not Pearson though if Im honest) and I couldn't understand why we got rid of him, especially when you look at what we've been left with, in Toby & Pinillos!.

Don’t know one person who thought it would be a walkover against Man City U23s

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I knew we were out as soon as I saw the draw.

I thought we'd played the U21's

I think that's why Stendel had a strong spine to the team , we could have had a reight mullering with some of our kids out there last night .

Quite a few of them were suggesting it on the Bbs, Esr.
    And I thought it was the U21's by the way, so is there much or any difference at all to their U23 team in players and in quality etc ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Quite a few of them were suggesting it on the Bbs, Esr.
    And I thought it was the U21's by the way, so is there much or any difference at all to their U23 team in players and in quality etc ?.

Don’t read it. They must be clueless then

It wasn't just any old U21 team , probably the best group of young players at that age group in europe .

With the scouting network they have , the resources and now the brand with Pep , to get anywhere near the Man City U21 team means you are immensely talented .

Looking at the comments following the game I thought we acquitted ourselves well and possibly should have won .

Didn't want to start a new thread
    Hammill scores again Acido

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread
    Hammill scores again Acido
    For us eh... ohh soz no, he didn't score for us. Move on eh kid, hes not a Burnsley player anymore.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast