+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: F*ckin Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It's actually the other way round, the EU has used the Irish border to make Brexit difficult.

Are you Teresa May?

Or the editor of the Sun / Mail / Express?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    There is no Irish Border, the Irish Border would be 'the sea'.

There is a British border within Ireland, causing a few issues the now apparently, but nae Irish border.

A minor point but one which is important to make IMHO.
    Well said sir. This is such an important point and one totally mis-understood by the majority. As the Man said..... There is NO Irish border just a British one. And as someone else has pointed out the EU have stood shoulder to shoulder to Ireland. contrast that with the way WM have treated Scotland.

It's actually the other way round, the EU has used the Irish border to make Brexit difficult.

The EU doesn't give a toss about Ireland, look at how they screwed them over the banking crisis.
    Ah, you're just trolling. There's a place called AFC Chat for folks like you. Cheers

Ireland should join Schengen, as should Scotland.

We'll show you a border you English facist b'astards.

The EU doesn't give a toss about Ireland, look at how they screwed them over the banking crisis.
    Oh dear ! Anyone with half a brain would have realised that the Irish situation was wholly unreconcilable. The English brexiteers care even less about the Northern Irish than they do about the Scots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Europe ain't perfect but nothing is. Naebody thought there was enough turkeys oot there to vote for Christmas. sadly we were wrong. I am still convinced it's nae going to happen.
    I still think it will happen and my guess is it will be a no deal Brexit. MP's arent going to vote for May's deal and she is never going to back down, so we will be stuck with either a no deal Brexit (my guess) or an extension to article 50.

I know someone who has started to mildly stockpile food and water, as they are convinced that a no-deal Brexit will lead to some shortages. Originally i thought he was bonkers, but the more you hear in the press etc, the more you start to have concerns.

The only way they will be able to extend article 50 is if they are preparing for a second referendum.

Much more likely that they will just withdraw it.

There wont be a second referendum.

The Maybot is terrified of groups of yellow jacketed xenophobes taking to the streets egged on by the Daily Mail.

What would happen if there was a second referendum? If it was a vote to stay in, why shouldn't there be a third referendum? If the losers of the first one can have another go, so can the losers of the second one.

What would happen if there was a second referendum? If it was a vote to stay in, why shouldn't there be a third referendum? If the losers of the first one can have another go, so can the losers of the second one.
    Fair point min.. But I don't think a second one will happen. The UK has made its bed and now will have lie(sic) in it for better or worse. They may think they have taken back control.. But who will have that control ? The markets ? populism ? Ultra right wing ? Just need to look at the folk who are championing Brexit the cream of the radical right desperate time ahead me thinks …… Unless.

Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast