+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 501

Thread: F*ckin Brexit

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,853
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    By " back in the day" is "the day" last Saturday?
    He must mean 12 May 1983, when she, John Duncanson and the rest of the North Tonight presenting team wore Dons scarves and toories during the news.

    I didna ken she was a Tory hoor then, but as someone once said, "I'd do it, but only as an act of class war".

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    No idea.
    It'll be Gove.

    The little creep has been sitting there trying to look " loyal" over the past few weeks.

    There's only on thing he's loyal to and it's Michael Gove.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,917
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He must mean 12 May 1983, when she, John Duncanson and the rest of the North Tonight presenting team wore Dons scarves and toories during the news.

    I didna ken she was a Tory hoor then, but as someone once said, "I'd do it, but only as an act of class war".


    https://youtu.be/N7eyKzoNbhw


    I didn't realise, but then I didn't watch Grumpian much.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,027
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

    I didna ken she was a Tory hoor then, but as someone once said, "I'd do it, but only as an act of class war".
    .......whilst bursting into a spirited rendition of "The Internationale" at the vinegar strokes.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,853
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    .......whilst bursting into a spirited rendition of "The Internationale" at the vinegar strokes.
    Back then, perhaps, but I suspect that the "starvelings" inhabiting my man parts are too lacking in energy these days to arise from their slumbers.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,470
    Brexit is an extremely complex subject. Voted in by the UK, but not Scotland. “The deal” was never going to suit anyone. Remainers always wanted to stay and Brexiteers mostly wanted “Johnny foreigner” oot and white vans to rule UK.

    I voted against it, but more folk voted for it, so they win and we should abide by that.

    The EU (isn’t every governmental body) was a huge gravy train and if they had been more efficient/less wasteful we would never have voted to leave.

    It’s a political “no win” and next week could see a change in PM (but probably not a change in governing party). Michael Gove as stated would probably be the favourite to win a Tory party election. When the rivals are Boris and Rees-Mogg, it doesn’t take much winning. Am I right in thinking Gove went to Robert Gordon’s?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,917
    I'm a European citizen.
    That's not up for grabs.
    Nae English fascist b'astard is denying me that whether 99 f'ucking percent of the w'ankers voted for it.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,027
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Back then, perhaps, but I suspect that the "starvelings" inhabiting my man parts are too lacking in energy these days to arise from their slumbers.
    In my case prisoners of want would be the more apposite sobriquet.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Brexit is an extremely complex subject. Voted in by the UK, but not Scotland. “The deal” was never going to suit anyone. Remainers always wanted to stay and Brexiteers mostly wanted “Johnny foreigner” oot and white vans to rule UK.

    I voted against it, but more folk voted for it, so they win and we should abide by that.

    The EU (isn’t every governmental body) was a huge gravy train and if they had been more efficient/less wasteful we would never have voted to leave.

    It’s a political “no win” and next week could see a change in PM (but probably not a change in governing party). Michael Gove as stated would probably be the favourite to win a Tory party election. When the rivals are Boris and Rees-Mogg, it doesn’t take much winning. Am I right in thinking Gove went to Robert Gordon’s?
    Eh no . It's been 2 years since the referendum. The leave campaign pluses have mainly proved to be ho rse**** unless you voted purely for racist motives. A few leavers will definitely have changed their minds and the lazy *******s who didn't vote because everyone assumed remain w would win will vote this time.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I cant listen to her for more than 10 seconds without switching off too her. Brexit (f@cking infuriating word) may be the best thing in the world but she is going the wrong way about trying to convey it.
    I can assure you it is about as far from the best thing in the world than you can get

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I can assure you it is about as far from the best thing in the world than you can get
    See it was as easy as that.

    No need for the hysterical behavior, shouting and constant jowel shaking

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12,853
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    In my case prisoners of want would be the more apposite sobriquet.
    *applause*

    What aboot Anna Sobriquet though?

    In the day (12.05.83).

    WYOWYN?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,491
    I've read there is very little buyers remorse, that if it was run again, the results would be broadly similar. What a fu(kin mess of a country, here and in the US. When did racist protectionists get so popular?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,917
    Ach, offer them a free lucky dip in the lottery or something, that'll knock a couple of million off the " leave " vote.

    Or run a full day of Eastenders repeats on voting day.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,833
    The nation is split and despite the media portraying this as a leave/stay May/Corbyn split, its not that simple.

    You have those who voted leave and agree with the deal.
    You have those who voted leave and disagree with deal.
    You have those who voted leave and want to change their minds.
    You have those who voted stay but agree that this deal is probably the best deal possible.
    You then have those who voted stay and no deal, regardless of its content will do.
    Scotland itself is split with all those points above, plus the independence topic and whether you would want that in or out of EU as part of the Indy question.

    Its an absolute mess.

    Its not about leave or stay anymore, that has been decided. What its about now is the deal on the table which is a f*cking shambles and will never pass through parliament. It has its own repercussions politically.

    My prediction? it will utterly bomb in parliament next Tuesday, there will be a grab for power in the Cons, May will get the dunt, Corbyn will push for a GE and there will be a no deal Brexit come March. The whole UK will be in utter turmoil politically and Brexit will either be put to the vote again or it will be delayed for another year. There will be anarchy on the streets with the extreme Brexiteers taking it very personally and it will just all be utter chaos.

    One thing that scares me more than Brexit itself is a Labour government, run by Corbyn, trying to negotiate a deal. I think we could see massive political repercussions over this for the whole of the UK, including NI and Scotland, that may in fact tip the independence question towards a yes vote in the future here.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,027
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    *applause*

    What aboot Anna Sobriquet though?

    In the day (12.05.83).

    WYOWYN?
    Ach.......why nae?

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

    One thing that scares me more than Brexit itself is a Labour government, run by Corbyn, trying to negotiate a deal.
    Agreed and I'll add that if Dianne Abbott gets any kind of top job in a government then I am done with this country. I'll drift around the continent in my campervan and learn how to surf.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,917
    Agree about Dianne Abbott.

    For two years now I have been telling you that there is no f'uckin way that they will ever leave the E.U.

    You'd have to be a complete f'uckin idiot to do that.

    At last, even the English can see that singing Rule Britannia really loud probably won't feed the family.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,255
    The Scottish Parliament has its problems but how anyone can look at Westminster & want them running the show, or think it might change for the better is mental.

    This has been the most catastrophic government ever & Jeremy is still a worse option.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,470
    Corbyn has managed to swerve a lot of the blame. I'd rather have May and Gove than him and Abbott.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •