+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does the F A Cup carry much excitement for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I still love the FA Cup and I'd be absolutely ecstatic were we to win it again.
    I tend to only get excited about it when we get quite far, perhaps from quarters onwards.

I'd love us to win it. But I'm not that fussed in the 3rd-5th round unless we have been drawn in a juicy game.

Would any of you want to see the FA trying to re-vamp it by changing some things, like making the 1st to 4th rounds Northern/Southern only. Or is this one compo that needs to be played properly without changes, or not at all etc ?.

And bear in mind we won it once all the way back in 1912, the year of the Titanic. And I wonder if the old Baggie geezer Stroller was there that day with flat cloth cap in hand. But I keep forgetting who we beat in the Final that day, can anybody help me on that one ?. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Would any of you want to see the FA trying to re-vamp it by changing some things, like making the 1st to 4th rounds Northern/Southern only.
    No.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 05-12-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    No.
    You sound a bit unsure there '68 kid, are you definitely sure about that answer you gave, you don't need to phone a friend etc ?.

Seriously though, I know it was/is a daft suggestion anyway, but most of us as fans seem to agree that the FA Cup is dying on its ar*se faster than a bad comedian on stage these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    .......... are you definitely sure about that answer you gave ........
    Yes.

No, which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    No, which is a shame
    What!! ?.

Im more confused than ever before now, Q'ey kid.

I wouldn't say just the FA cup has lost its appeal...I would say football in general has lost its appeal for many. I recall a number of years back when, the then cup holders Man Utd (I think) decided not to play in the competition one year....which did kind of kill its appeal quite a bit. It only has an appeal for me if a non league team gets a good run...but other then that...it most likely will be won or bought by ONE OF THE BIGGER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, that pass as a football team today...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I wouldn't say just the FA cup has lost its appeal...I would say football in general has lost its appeal for many. I recall a number of years back when, the then cup holders Man Utd (I think) decided not to play in the competition one year....which did kind of kill its appeal quite a bit. It only has an appeal for me if a non league team gets a good run...but other then that...it most likely will be won or bought by ONE OF THE BIGGER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS, that pass as a football team today...
    I was going to make the same point Dub.

For me Football has lost its appeal and the FA Cup is just part of that. Being born in 1951 I am lucky enough to have been a ****ager when we regularly had great Cup runs and for me that period was greater than any Premier League season we have had. Yes the FA Cup doesn’t have the same appeal but neither does the Premier League. So much that to be quite honest I haven’t missed it this season.

I lost interest year’s ago.

The last cup finals I really watched were 87 and 88 with Coventry and Wimbledon winning.

The knocking down of the old Wembley finally did it for me ( a national disgrace ) and I hate the new stadium.

The 78 cup run is my fondest memory,from beating Blackpool 4-1 and then Man Utd 3-2 in the rain soaked replay.....I still can’t believe we didn’t win it that year.

Getting cheated in the semi a few years ago when Kanu handballed finally nailed the lid shut for me.

That said,fa cup days following Stourbridge FC have been some of the highlights of the last footballing decade for me.

To these sides it matters.

Who’ve we drawn by the way??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)