+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy birthday God.

Happy birthday God.

Not online yesterday so a belated Happy Birthday to the best no5 we or anybody else ever had, Paul Mcgrath. One of the few p[layers that it was an absolute privilege to watch, thank you My Lord.

Happt Birthday Paul. 🎉

Yeah he weren't bad at all was he

The finest defender I ever saw wear the shirt, never had a bad game and part of our most successful side since 1982

A belated happy birthday, Mr McGrath.

Yea Mecca would definitely make my all time Villa X1 a fantastic defender and all round player ... still calls the Villa "us" .. Yea Paul was a worldie

Almost unique at that time, as apart from Hansen, most CBs were uncouth hoofers.
    Just as comfortable in midfield, he was the best of a generation, and since imo.
    Not sure that his knees would’ve been able to withstand the butchery and pitches of the 60s & 70s, but I’d like to think he would of still have shined.
    After 'he who walks on water’, and maybe ‘Sid’ and ‘Crops’, he is the best that I’ve seen in a Villa shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by iwuztherein82 View Post
    Yea Mecca would definitely make my all time Villa X1 a fantastic defender and all round player ... still calls the Villa "us" .. Yea Paul was a worldie
    Good to see you on her Iwuz - welcome back pal!

Yeah that "us" is at the centre of why I like him so much, as well as being a fabulous player of course! Nice to see you back on here Iwuz.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)