+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took you to your first Notts match?

My Dad 59/60 season can't remember the game unfortunately.

My cousin 59/60 season against Palace in div 4 they had a Welsh international keeper we won 7-1 and I was hooked

My godfather. Sat on his shoulders on the back of the Kop on the scoreboard side for the Tranmere game April '73

My Uncle Harry, sitting in the old main stand in 1978. He was one of very few white fellas who drove a black and white cab. Lovely chap.

In the 50's I was living with my Grandma and Granddad my brother was living with my Uncle Jim (my mum was seriously ill, my dad had to work so my sister's stayed at home looking after mum)

Not sure when it was but Granddad took me and my brother on the bus into town and then on the trolley bus down towards Trent Bridge... He walked us round Meadow Lane and then across to the City Ground...When we got back to Trent Bridge he stopped us and asked if we wanted to go to the football which team would we choose...My brother said Forest I guess because Uncle Jim was a Forest fan and went to the games...I said Notts because I knew my dad and Granddad supported Notts...Next home game I went with Granddad for my first game, not sure who it was but that started my relationship with Notts and a Davenport beer at home beer crate to stand on in the Kop...

My Dad Vs Bury in the late 80s.
    It was a Dave Regis hat trick (wonder what happened to him?) and we won 3-0

My dad has always favoured Forest but to my memory has never been to a live game so I asked a Notts supporting neighbour, Jim Caddis, to take me to a match. My first game was the last home match of 67/68 season against Southend which Notts won 4-3. As an impressionable young 7 year old I naively thought that all football games would be as exciting. To be fair once Jimmy Sirrel became manager the next few years were just that. Happy days.

My Dad, Wimbledon at home, 1992. He's still a season ticket holder in the Pavis, and I join him there when I'm in the UK.

The owd man bless 'im, used to sit in the main stand while I stood in the rain down below - couldn't see a bldy thing. First game would be c. 1971 but I can't really remember any. First definite game I recall was v Sunderland (the winners!) FA cup Jan 1973 score 1-1.

My friend and his dad, September 1971 although I'm not sure which game.

The first game I remember was 20 November 1971. Bournemouth were big rivals. We beat Newport 6 - 0 in the FA Cup but on the way home heard that Bournemouth had won 11 - 0 with Ted MacDougall scoring 9!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast