+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support AH

Support AH

1) He saved the club when it was dying. We would have gone down that season and our crowds were a quarter of what they are now.

2) He promotes the club in a way that got us our highest average gates since we was last in the top flight... this is an unbelievable achievement ... big headed or not .. he knows what he’s doing.

3) He backs his manager by signing every single player the manager asked for, and giving him a huge budget.... I don’t ever remember having a chairman support his manager this much.

4) He sacks manager when it became clear he had signed an unbalanced squad .... much sooner than I or most others realised .. KN signed dross and it was a good call.

I don’t understand how anyone can blame AH for this mess.... it is simply horrendous luck and circumstances.

Who would have thought we would have had three sell outs in the last year... in the last 20 years it’s been hard to muster 8k for most games!

The guy is clearly cracking and people seem to enjoy that ... do you remember being ran by the trust? Did you enjoy crowds of 3k on a Saturday?

Yes this mess is horrendous, but whatever happens I think AH will turn this around in the years to come... I don’t have faith anyone else will.

If you want to return to the days of an empty lane and no hope then keep pushing him.. when he goes and is replaced by someone with no money or enthusiasm then you might consider the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Actually, tho he's made multiple ferg ups, (cock ups???) I do. If I was a multi millionaire, no footy club would get a penny offa me, not even the one I support, so you've gotta admire the bloke for putting his money where his mouser is.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Actually, tho he's made multiple ferg ups, (cock ups???) I do. If I was a multi millionaire, no footy club would get a penny offa me, not even the one I support, so you've gotta admire the bloke for putting his money where his mouser is.
    Exactly

The point I’m trying to make is that we aren’t going to find anyone better. Yes you could describe some of his behaviour as clumsy (to put it mildly) but it’s not his fault we are in the position.

He has invested more money than any of our previous (real) chairmen. This includes not just on players, but fans as well. The £2 games and general promotion of the club have been incredible.

He is on the edge of the cliff right now ... any fan who wants to push him off needs to consider who might replace him... my guess is they will be less wealthy and ambitious.

If / when we go down, let’s trust AH to get us back up.. there is no one else who will invest like he has / will

Ere ere. What he could do from now on is source out picking his managers to someone who’s got a record of picking decent managers. Especially if we end up in non league.

Problem is, his behaviour is an embarrassment to the club and is hurting where it matters. On the pitch

Yes his behaviour has been embarrassing .. but I’d rather a wealthy, ambitious, embarrassing chairman

Than a non embarrassing, poor chairman

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Yes his behaviour has been embarrassing .. but I’d rather a wealthy, ambitious, embarrassing chairman

Than a non embarrassing, poor chairman
    And he is taking us DOWN....

He gave the manager a top budget and got all his targets.. he couldn’t do anymore

If he goes (like you seem to want) who is going to replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    He gave the manager a top budget and got all his targets.. he couldn’t do anymore

If he goes (like you seem to want) who is going to replace him?
    Whos targets though,the free flowing football AH wanted or a more robust player that battles that was suited to Nolans style ?

I would but,I would employ people that weren't mates & not slag off potential managers that i interview or fall out with other Chairmen like he did with FGR & maybe across the Trent

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast