+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took you to your first Notts match?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I was there the day Ian Scanlon scored that hatrick! My dad took me to my first match. Would have been around 1968 but I have no idea who it was against.
    I was there that day too. There were very few girls/women at football in those days. My Dad took me (as a child ) to all sorts of grounds including the Old Den. I dont think my Mum had any idea what it was like at football back then. Good job really.

My dad, he could have left me to support Leeds my home town but he thought I needed a lifetime of misery instead it seems ha ha. No to be fair we were good in my youth, just last twenty years it's been hard ha ha.

My Uncle who turned out to be a Redback, since moved to Cumbria if i ever meet him again i am going to chin him, why oh why did he not take me over the trent.

I went wi me sen. 1st season in old div 1
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 06-12-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I was there that day too. There were very few girls/women at football in those days. My Dad took me (as a child ) to all sorts of grounds including the Old Den. I dont think my Mum had any idea what it was like at football back then. Good job really.
    1974 Cher . Bang bang bang. I remember thinking why can't Notts do this every week, it looked so easy. Went to the Old Den as well. Crickey, that was a scary place.
    Last edited by navypie; 06-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    My Uncle who turned out to be a Redback, since moved to Cumbria if i ever meet him again i am going to chin him, why oh why did he not take me over the trent.
    I thank my dad everyday ( who moved upstairs many years ago ) for making sure I supported the team on the Nottingham side of the Trent.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Attachment 11216

Who took you to your first Notts match?

Here I am off to Meadow Lane with my Grandad. While I’m looking round to make sure the wheel hasn’t fallen off the wheelbarrow, Grandad’s got his eye on a young lady on her bicycle. I think that’s AH approaching in one of those newfangled automobiles.
    That's a really beautiful photo.

My dad. Sometime in the mid-80s. John Barnwell on the bench, Geoff Pike in midfield and I think we we're up against Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBalrog View Post
    My wife!

18/11/2017

Notts 3 - Cheltenham Town 1

I only started following Notts in 2009.

My dad used to say i would have to take over from him when he was gone so when he died i did.

Was hard work at first.

Probably more of a fanatic than he ever was now!
    Yes, it's funny how things change. When I was a little kid dad would take me to games but I'd rather be elsewhere. I gradually became more and more committed at almost the same rate that he lost interest... strange.

My father first took me to Meadow Lane in, I believe 1954, but no recollection of the opponents. I do however remember some of the players. Gordon Bradley in goal, an outstanding half back called Gerry Carver, and two great forwards in Ron Wylie and Gordon Wills.
    I also remember the old tunnel leading to the Spion Kop with the old scoreboard and tea bar. The scoreboard was sponsored by Shipstones brewery, and on top in neon lights was a figure called "Ivor Thirst."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast