+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who took you to your first Notts match?

Who took you to your first Notts match?

Name:  Going To The Game.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  62.3 KB

Who took you to your first Notts match?

Here I am off to Meadow Lane with my Grandad. While I’m looking round to make sure the wheel hasn’t fallen off the wheelbarrow, Grandad’s got his eye on a young lady on her bicycle. I think that’s AH approaching in one of those newfangled automobiles.

My dad against Exeter 59/60 season, I think it was 1-1?

My Dad October 1950 versus Brighton at home 2-2 draw sat on my Dads shoulders on the Spion Kop 38,000 + crowd l was hooked scorers that day Sewell & Johnstone C.O.Y.P.

A school friend. I'll kill him if I find where he's hiding.

A red! - friend of the family giving mum a break by getting me out of the house (boy, was I hard work!). His wife made him take me under duress as F'word were away. She found out about 25 years later that he'd dropped me at the gate and collected me afterwards - true red, he couldn't enter ML! I was about 35 when she cottoned on but she still gave him rocks. Dear old boy in his twilight years - I'd like to see the Reds go up, just for him.

My Dad, Southend away 66/67 season. I supported Southend (who were local at the time). We won 1-0, Southend that is. The next season we moved to Nottingham and I was taken to every home match.

My brother, Gawd bless him. He died a couple of years ago of M.S.A, which was a tragedy as he was only 65 and had always kept himself fit and active.

Name:  chris and target.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  46.1 KB

My Dad, 21st March 1970 Notts V Hartlepool, 1-0 to Notts, Les Bradd diving header at Spion Kop end.
    Seems like yesterday.
    COYP

This bloke pulled up alongside me when I was walking home from school.
    'Hey, Sonny Jim' he said 'how about jumping in my little car and I'll take you for free to an exciting football game?'
    I should have known better but I was a naive 9 year old in those days so in his car I jumped.
    The result - mentally and emotionally scarred for life...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This bloke pulled up alongside me when I was walking home from school.
    'Hey, Sonny Jim' he said 'how about jumping in my little car and I'll take you for free to an exciting football game?'
    I should have known better but I was a naive 9 year old in those days so in his car I jumped.
    The result - mentally and emotionally scarred for life...
    What no sweeties. 😛😁😁

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast