+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitch Invader

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Bit simplistic though.
    A Month on remand for going onto the pitch.
    We don;t know how much of the afters was him defending himself and potentially how the stewards police handled the matter should also be questioned.
    A month sounds excessive but if you cant handle yir drink, stay in the fkn hoose.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    A month sounds excessive but if you cant handle yir drink, stay in the fkn hoose.
    When he did it, I thought, stupid loon, thats a couple of days in custody to reflect plus a fine.
    He must have some other things hanging over him from the past to warrant this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair enough, but generally admitting guilt straight up leads to a softer punishment.
    Common Assault will depend on the level of harm caused.
    I've not seen any reports of how his "victims" were seriously injured.

Common assault are usually handled by a fine or community service with only the most serious of assaults demanding time, so as said before, we don;t know his previous but I would guess being reprimanded a month will probably mean the sentence ends up as time served.
    It's not common assault though, it's police assault. A different crime and given that it was in full view at a big sporting event, I'd assume it's a more harsh punishment. It doesn't look like he's defending himself either.

He's probably a wife beater. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's not common assault though, it's police assault. A different crime and given that it was in full view at a big sporting event, I'd assume it's a more harsh punishment. It doesn't look like he's defending himself either.
    You'd be right, assault on a police officer would be escalated to aggravated assault.
    I didn't see exactly what went on, but I'd still think it is harsh on its own merits with all circumstances considered.
    I've heard of worse crimes that get little more than a slap of the wrists.

What, a hun (unt impersonating an Aberdeen fan to bring our club into disrepute.
    I wonder what the club will be doing about it?

It's not an aggravated assault. It's a specific crime.

It's not an aggravated assault. It's a specific crime.
    Maybe,
    I just went with the Wikipedia definition
    Assaulting a constable in the execution of his duty is a statutory offence of aggravated assault in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Hong Kong.
    Section 90 of the Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012 states: -

90Assaulting or impeding police
    (1)It is an offence for a person to assault—
    (a)a person (“A”) acting in a capacity mentioned in subsection (3), or
    (b)a person assisting A while A is acting in such capacity.
    (2)It is an offence for a person to resist, obstruct or hinder—
    (a)a person (“A”) acting in a capacity mentioned in subsection (3), or
    (b)a person assisting A while A is acting in such capacity.
    (3)The capacities are—
    (a)that of a constable,
    (b)that of a member of police staff,
    (c)that of a member of a relevant police force when such memberis executing a warrant or is otherwise acting in Scotland by virtue of any enactment conferring powers on the member in Scotland,
    (d)that of a person who—
    (i)is a member of an international joint investigation team that is led by a person acting in a capacity mentioned in paragraph (a) or (c), and
    (ii)is carrying out functions as a member of that team.
    (4)A person who is guilty of an offence under subsection (1) or(2) is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a period not exceeding 12 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both.
    (5)A complaint may include a charge that is framed so as to comprise (in a combined form) the specification of both an offence under subsection (1) and an offence under subsection (2).
    (6)Where a charge in a complaint is so framed the charge is to be regarded as being a single yet cumulative charge.
    (7)In this section and section 91, a reference to a member of a relevant police force is a reference to a member of—
    (a)a police force maintained under section 2 of the Police Act 1996 (c.16),
    (b)the metropolitan police force,
    (c)the City of London police force, or
    (d)the Police Service of Northern Ireland.

Aggravated assault is an English Law term. The offence you've quoted is an offence on its own. There would be a seperate aggrevation for being on bail. That's if he were to leather his ex or something.

Jeezo.....I was following the game once the chap left the pitch and cannot say anything about any assaults, however, I’ve since spoken to a few dandies and according to them(admittedly they would not be sober!)the chap was being “man handled” in an aggressive manner.....allegedly.....anyway, the boy was wrong, no doubt, however, considering he has already pled I reckon the remand decision is a bit OTT......as for any probable accusations, hae a f ucking look at yersell.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Jeezo.....I was following the game once the chap left the pitch and cannot say anything about any assaults, however, I’ve since spoken to a few dandies and according to them(admittedly they would not be sober!)the chap was being “man handled” in an aggressive manner.....allegedly.....anyway, the boy was wrong, no doubt, however, considering he has already pled I reckon the remand decision is a bit OTT......as for any probable accusations, hae a f ucking look at yersell.

SF
    I've blocked you but assumed you had something witty and informative to add so I was able to open the message.

I assume if he felt he was "aggressively manhandled" then he probably shouldn't have plead guilty to police assault. His defence certainly wouldn't have told him to do that. He'd also have plenty of witnesses to back him up according to what you are saying. Certainly from where I was it looked like he was refusing to leave the pitch (that he shouldn't have ****ing been on anyway).

Not sure why I need to look at myself though?

I also wasn't aware you were an expert on Scots Law.

I’m surprised he hasn’t told us he had a little bet on the possibility of the bloke pleading guilty with a bit of inside information. He would then take the winning on a clothes shopping trip with Derek and buy some stone island clothes.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast