+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ER -Accident & Emergency latest Injury news .......

a cup run would be nice. Unfortunately, only 1 team hoists it and the rest are quickly forgotten unless you are some conference team that makes it to the final 4.

Promotion is what it's all about. You dedicate your resources to achieve that goal. If the means you "tank" by playing the U-23's then so be it. The championship league is the most difficult in the world to get promoted out of. Huge number of games, very physical and demanding play and some flat out dirty players as we experienced last week. Should have been 2 red cards in the first 20-30 minutes of that game.

I suspect that if you are a U-23 or a back bench player you hardly look at wearing the shirt in a FA cup game as a "tanking" move and it gives you experience that we need given the injury rate.

People having differing opinions is sweet, and I'm certainly never out to change anyone else's. Just throwing this out there as food for thought as to why my beliefs are on this subject of playing a "different" squad in the Cup games. In cricket, it is the accepted way these days to play a different team in the ODIs compared to the test matches. No-one will ever convince me that ODI teams are the best available...and that some of the rested Test players would be better options in both forms of the game. But..they don't play them. Why is it so? Simply so they man manage the squad to not allow for burn out....and... because the selectors believe it provides them with the best option to perform to their priorities in both comps. Why should Leeds be seen differently when the same principle applies?

Better news today .....................

Running through the latest injuries, Bielsa added today "Ayling will be back in this month. Berardi and Cooper it could be at the end of January or beginning of February. Pearce and Dallas also will be back in the following weeks. Bamford and Brown are available now."

Shackleton named as right back for QPR too - so hopefully it'll be a bad hair day for McClarens 'comb over' now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Running through the latest injuries, Bielsa added today "Ayling will be back in this month. Berardi and Cooper it could be at the end of January or beginning of February. Pearce and Dallas also will be back in the following weeks. Bamford and Brown are available now."

Shackleton named as right back for QPR too - so hopefully it'll be a bad hair day for McClarens 'comb over' now.
    Schhteve how you say 4-1 deafeatssh

You're a lady with all the stats. Has either Bamford or Brown ever player in defence? Just to keep our options open ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    People having differing opinions is sweet, and I'm certainly never out to change anyone else's. Just throwing this out there as food for thought as to why my beliefs are on this subject of playing a "different" squad in the Cup games. In cricket, it is the accepted way these days to play a different team in the ODIs compared to the test matches. No-one will ever convince me that ODI teams are the best available...and that some of the rested Test players would be better options in both forms of the game. But..they don't play them. Why is it so? Simply so they man manage the squad to not allow for burn out....and... because the selectors believe it provides them with the best option to perform to their priorities in both comps. Why should Leeds be seen differently when the same principle applies?

Thanks Oz, your a true gent.

I'll add ................. Aristotle stated that philosophy starts from observation and experience and quoted " Plato is dear to me ,but dearer still is Truth".

How do I know that ?

Well the Leeds Beeston LS 11 Buglers told me and when they have words in my ear Angus Kinnear gets words in his ear to from 'em.

A lot of match day fans concerns when at Bramall Lane were about travelling to Cup games having to put money up front,organise expensive travel over New Year period and possible disappointment over the 'calibre' of team the club may put out ...........

Our match fan base is from all over UK and further so for many Leeds fans it's always an Away day nowadays - this weekly hardcore following shell out a lot of money for the cause something the Leeds supporters who watch via media often forget and those fans who attend put on a great show home and especially away which is why we are attracting so many younger fans to games today,aka yer Freddie Founds ........ one hell of a road show !

Their message is simple,loud & clear - "Everything Leeds has to have the winning mentality,we accept we cannot win everytime BUT wanting to makes ALL the difference"

The post reiterated their view & mine and I did it with a balanced perspective.

I really hope you get to see the team next season when they visit and if you do I hope it's the team that got us up to the PL and not a team of hasty assembled youth players standing in for new expensive signings that cannot play for fear of injury prior to our PL campaign - because that is like shirt tugging/cheating and not fair on those that payed big bucks to attend and took time off work to see the Mighty Whites.

MOT

Thanks Oz, your a true gent.

I'll add ................. Aristotle stated that philosophy starts from observation and experience and quoted " Plato is dear to me ,but dearer still is Truth".

How do I know that ?

Well the Leeds Beeston LS 11 Buglers told me and when they have words in my ear Angus Kinnear gets words in his ear to from 'em.

A lot of match day fans concerns when at Bramall Lane were about travelling to Cup games having to put money up front,organise expensive travel over New Year period and possible disappointment over the 'calibre' of team the club may put out ...........

Our match fan base is from all over UK and further so for many Leeds fans it's always an Away day nowadays - this weekly hardcore following shell out a lot of money for the cause something the Leeds supporters who watch via media often forget and those fans who attend put on a great show home and especially away which is why we are attracting so many younger fans to games today,aka yer Freddie Founds ........ one hell of a road show !

Their message is simple,loud & clear - "Everything Leeds has to have the winning mentality,we accept we cannot win everytime BUT wanting to makes ALL the difference"

The post reiterated their view & mine and I did it with a balanced perspective.

I really hope you get to see the team next season when they visit and if you do I hope it's the team that got us up to the PL and not a team of hasty assembled youth players standing in for new expensive signings that cannot play for fear of injury prior to our PL campaign - because that is like shirt tugging/cheating and not fair on those that payed big bucks to attend and took time off work to see the Mighty Whites.

MOT
    Won't be going to Perth to see them play Man U. The lad is heading over with one of his mates. Waiting for the details for the Sydney match to be released, and will see if he wants to back up with that trip. ☺
    If we do win promotion, do you reckon the majority of these players will be kept on the books as good enough? What's your thoughts? Has there been many clubs go up with basically the same squad? I would love to see some of this current squad in live action...but to be honest, I'd be prepared to sacrifice that if it was the choice of that or Premier League success the following season!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Won't be going to Perth to see them play Man U. The lad is heading over with one of his mates. Waiting for the details for the Sydney match to be released, and will see if he wants to back up with that trip. ☺
    If we do win promotion, do you reckon the majority of these players will be kept on the books as good enough? What's your thoughts? Has there been many clubs go up with basically the same squad? I would love to see some of this current squad in live action...but to be honest, I'd be prepared to sacrifice that if it was the choice of that or Premier League success the following season!
    "I would love to see some of this current squad in live action...but to be honest, I'd be prepared to sacrifice that if it was the choice of that or Premier League success the following season!"

I'll get the usual suspects jumping all over me, but I'd prefer to see the players in the current squad given the opportunity to show what they are capable of in the PL (as they would be the players who got us there, and as its been said elsewhere, this league is THE toughest to get out of), rather than see us hoover up players from the four corners of the globe and become a Sh1tty, or Chelski, with barely a single British player in the squad, never mind the 1st team

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "I would love to see some of this current squad in live action...but to be honest, I'd be prepared to sacrifice that if it was the choice of that or Premier League success the following season!"

I'll get the usual suspects jumping all over me, but I'd prefer to see the players in the current squad given the opportunity to show what they are capable of in the PL (as they would be the players who got us there, and as its been said elsewhere, this league is THE toughest to get out of), rather than see us hoover up players from the four corners of the globe and become a Sh1tty, or Chelski, with barely a single British player in the squad, never mind the 1st team
    Well I won't be one of them on this point. I certainly would like to see some of these guys given a chance to prove themselves...just in case some of them are more than capable of playing up in the PL. And I'm sure some would be. But I guess my comment was more on the fact that historically, clubs tend to minimise the risk by going for more players already established at that level. Rejig the squad with those players...or take a punt that the current ones are good enough??
    If we get promoted, I want us to stay there. So will accept not seeing these players over here, if that is the choice the club makes.☺

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I should have known any post from me would get the usual smart ar5e response from you. You think I'm alone in asking questions about why we have suffered so many injuries, something that others have described as unprecedented, unique (and not in a good way)? I know not.

I just asked a question, wondering if others had ideas or thoughts from their experience (we have those who post here who have some expertise in injury prevention/recuperation, maybe not in football but still with experience), shame you couldn't see past your own petty prejudice and contribute something more constructive.
    eah yeah shame on me, hardly needs investigating: All the players from last year playing better at a higher tempo, we are at least 3 players short of senior players for a 46 match season

As for getting promoted and becoming like a Platic Utd, we have always been different, even in the mad days of O'Dreary and Ridsdale, who seemed to be buying players daily at one time. Its the fans who set this club apart from others

All promoted clubs who want to stay up, need to add quality. The expectations on this club should we get back to the top are much higher than most other clubs. Tottenham is a great example of not wanting to splash the top wages and still competing, with plenty of homegrown players in their squad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)