+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ER -Accident & Emergency latest Injury news .......

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not ott regarding the number if injuries, nor how we are for the first time I can remember DEPENDING on players from the development squads to fill key positions simply because we don't have 1st team regulars to do so.

If as you say he's suggesting there is a trade off, that's no different to by other season. This season however the style if play has taken an extra toll on players and all I was asking what if there was anything could be done to maintain our position whilst reducing the damage being done to 1st team players.

I'm with you in terms of keeping the squad "as is", just worried we will run out of players to keep going as we have so far (even with the return of previously injured players).
    An article from the Yep about the injuries

https://tinyurl.com/y9blfr9v

It seems to suggest that training/coaching/conditioning wouldn't help with a lot of the injuries. See the last paragraph of article.

And I agree 100% on the last bit��

Like at Marseille & Lille Bielsa imposed a full day training at Leeds as the norm,so on the training pitch between 90/120 minutes then inside where they work on psychology, physiology, nutrition break then followed by physiotherapy, video analysis and into the Media simulator which re-run situations/mistakes of player and or team play sets which the younger ones embrace by all accounts ........ he also introduced that system throughout the ranks so various parents are stating in conversations.

Bielsa will obviously know which players to push and how and spends a lot of time working with players individually and the video analysis is shown to each player to critique them alone.Once they’re correct as individuals with the required explained understanding of their responsibilities and sacrifices for the group Bielsa then works with them in a team environment hopefully teaching them how to win a game?

There is the key - winning games !

Bielsa,like in France prior alway uses the same methods that alongside learning and developing as individuals that these young 'uns are taught the importance of WINNING football matches unlike last season campaign were the emphasis appeared from my seat that Monk and co taught them how not to LOSE games.

This is what he did at Marseille which only went belly up when the hierarchy sold his star performers of which happened again at Lille.

*Anyone can see the squad train for free by clambering up the cycle track embankment that runs along the training pitches that starts just near TA entrance opposite the Men's Prison ...............

By the way WTF11,yep we have our ding-dongs but I really admire your principled points - not always easy for many as sometimes I often feel like just packing up commenting but then folks tell me to use snippets I hear and fu*k those who knock 'em !

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 11-12-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Hmm, we're short of 3 players yes? Yet Norwich, who are just ahead of us if you hadn't noticed, are able to sustain the campaign (so far I warrant you that) with a squad of 28, compared to our 33. Even allowing for some of the lesser played names (Miazek, Shackleton, Stevens), Norwich are doing what they are doing (and yes, different style of play) with a smaller squad. I ask again, is there something that could/should be done to limit injuries, even if that requires some modification to tactics. Not much point playing wonderfully entertaining football (and we haven't always done that this season), if all the best players get crocked in the process, and we fall off a cliff results-wise like we did last season, but this time for different reasons.

For once we agree on something, that the fans set Leeds apart. But it's not the fans who would be setting the scene for what happens to the squad if we get promoted, its Radrizzani, and whilst he might be different from our recent past set of charlatan owners, he isn't much different from other owners of Championship and PL owners who see their club as an investment vehicle, rather than a sports club of any sort. In that respect he is MUCH better than those who have preceded him, and I doubt if he would ever make the blunders the likes of Ridsdale made. But it's a double-edged sword, if you regard the club as an investment rather than something you love without question (owner vs fan), then you make decisions based on ROI, not out of a desire to see the club give opportunities to those from the Academy (or candidates for the Academy). I'd like to think he will "get" Leeds even more than he does at the moment, and take that feeling forward should we get promoted, but I have doubts.

Oh, and Spurs a "great example"......."with plenty of homegrown players in the squad"???????

Err, a 1st team squad of 34, and of those 8 are English or Welsh. 1 hasn't appeared this season, one has played in the 1st team 16 times over the last two seasons, and one has played all of 5 times this season. So 5 English/Welsh players playing regularly in the 1st team squad. Yeah huge opportunities.
    All selective figures and examples WTF. I could have used Liverpool as a better top 6 example (top 6 being where we want to be) but their wage bill a obviously had a problem with Mssrs Radebe, Yeboah and co in the past, and how many Spurs in the England squad....
    Luckily I'm on holiday in Lanzorote and lossed my glasses,

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    An article from the Yep about the injuries

https://tinyurl.com/y9blfr9v

It seems to suggest that training/coaching/conditioning wouldn't help with a lot of the injuries. See the last paragraph of article.
    Hi LFTW, interesting piece indeed, and says a lot about the mentality that Bielsa has instilled (and his commitment to the development of the younger players and the achievements off the Academy, great to see). Also agree that breakages can't be avoided, and we have had more than our fair share. The stress injuries are another thing (if only we hadn't had any (or at least fewer)), and maybe something over the next half of the season can be done to evade/avoid?

Hi LFTW, interesting piece indeed, and says a lot about the mentality that Bielsa has instilled (and his commitment to the development of the younger players and the achievements off the Academy, great to see). Also agree that breakages can't be avoided, and we have had more than our fair share. The stress injuries are another thing (if only we hadn't had any (or at least fewer)), and maybe something over the next half of the season can be done to evade/avoid?
    They have already made plans to remedy this...but not till the off season. They are sending them over here to toughen them up a bit. .......

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    All selective figures and examples WTF. I could have used Liverpool as a better top 6 example (top 6 being where we want to be) but their wage bill a obviously had a problem with Mssrs Radebe, Yeboah and co in the past, and how many Spurs in the England squad....
    Luckily I'm on holiday in Lanzorote and lossed my glasses,
    Err, they are NOT selective figures/examples, the stuff about Norwich is fact, and not selected facts at that, just facts, and the information regarding Spurs relates to ALL those who are in the Spurs 1st team squad (33 players in all, 8 English or Welsh, and the appearance stats are equally comprehensive, NOT selective).

Keep on picking otehr examples until tey fit your view

After seeing what our U-23's did against Burnley it's even more obvious that we should sit tight in the January window. Our U-23 side is very good and has quite a few players than can play first team football for us.

The keeper situation is the exception. However, the way BPF is developing we should look for a back up only and not a replacement. he's good enough to up with us if we are promoted.

i dunno i like huffer i think he is capable behind bpf, i agree though that only the very best quality should come to us in january, and they must quickly adapt to marcelo style and gel with the team, no bad apples in the current squad!

heaton just conceded 6 and some folk said they wanted him in january lol

should the kids play in the cup match? maybe thats a match where the likes of baker harrison brown and bamford come into it, i believe coyle will be back for then, maybe he plays, could use maybe halme and shaughnessy at the back, huffer in goal, keep phillips in the holding role, give clarke and shackleton starts, i dunno, i just feel we need to concentrate on the league

Err, they are NOT selective figures/examples, the stuff about Norwich is fact, and not selected facts at that, just facts, and the information regarding Spurs relates to ALL those who are in the Spurs 1st team squad (33 players in all, 8 English or Welsh, and the appearance stats are equally comprehensive, NOT selective).

Keep on picking otehr examples until tey fit your view
    Norwich City have used 23 players this season in the Championship, we have used the unbelievably larger number of ....eh 24

Yeah thats 24 out of a possible 27 not the 33 you state.... oh and the Canaries have a squad of at least 34, that doesn't include players they have out on loan... facts eh

.......... the old ER gypsy curse moves in mysterious ways injury wise .....
    Lewis Cook Bournemouth out for 9 months with ACL damage now - bad luck as Max Gradel had a serious injury soon after he joined Bournemouth too but I notice he's back in action this season playing captain at Toulouse now in French Ligue 1.

With Paul Robinson walking around York on prescribed 'blood thinners' as is David Batty for similar health conditions caused by football injuries just shows the other side of the game nowadays sadly for some ......... food for thought.

MOT

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)