+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ER -Accident & Emergency latest Injury news .......

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    ....... with our League position,window approaching,a young squad on lengthy contracts,an owner with a flexible plan,a Coach/Manager at last who demands respect and fans wanting more (despite injuries) promotion HAS to be discussed as any players in have to be of PL quality and better than what we've got.

Dubious that those calibre of signings will be available 'tho,IMO, and would they fit into a very tight knit unit that Bielsa has created would also be an issue that Mr Orta should well know about after the Boro stint he had which turned sour at the very same point in their destiny over 'better improvement' of players coming in on fancy salaries to match alleged reputations.With on and off the pitch player's antics being scrutinised in today's game daily it'll be some big decisions that'll be on the agenda now for sure .............. but we want successs at what 'cost' ?

Something worthy of debate,IMO.

MOT
    Not sure it needs "debatng". I think you nailed it 100%. Especially on Bielsa.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Well at least you're consistent BB, one of these days you'll manage an original thought (or maybe not).
    sorry for being consistent in rating Bielsa (whom i knew from his reputation here in Spain, and ACTUALLY going to matches that he was involved in).Rather that, than not having an informed opinion like yourself, being consistently negative about all things Leeds, but then having to jump on the bandwagon once you realised things were not going to inevitably go pearshaped.Sad irrelevant f uc ker who should do one, and go watch Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    sorry for being consistent in rating Bielsa (whom i knew from his reputation here in Spain, and ACTUALLY going to matches that he was involved in).Rather that, than not having an informed opinion like yourself, being consistently negative about all things Leeds, but then having to jump on the bandwagon once you realised things were not going to inevitably go pearshaped.Sad irrelevant f uc ker who should do one, and go watch Bournemouth.
    And just where did I criticise Beilsa? I asked a question (given the nature of the original post), and if you look at MOST of the responses to that original post, there is a degree of "constructive observation", something you, WS and LUM seem incapable of if responding to anything I post is involved.

I asked if there was anything about what the club is doing that could explain the extraordinary number of injuries, suffered across all positions, and quite a few responses have echoed the same thing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did I have a view of his appointment? Yes, Was it positive, No. Have I changed my opinion , yes. Satisfied?

As for "jumping on the bandwagon, get over yourself. I have opinions, and have had, about Leeds and what the club does since before you were born, they change, and as I've said before, maybe if a few more had been a little less slavish in their devotion and questioned what the club were doing, we might not have been screwed by some of our wonderful previous owners.

You just keep wearing the blinkers, and blow a kiss now and again to your "chums"

and i merely stated as others have, that i prefere a few stress related injuries, collateral damage as part of the game plan that has had us top of the table most of the season, than no injuries, and the usual midtable mediocracy that you usually jump all over.
    Maybe you should ask your mate Orta for a couple of defenders for xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    and i merely stated as others have, that i prefere a few stress related injuries, collateral damage as part of the game plan that has had us top of the table most of the season, than no injuries, and the usual midtable mediocracy that you usually jump all over.
    Maybe you should ask your mate Orta for a couple of defenders for xmas.
    "A few stress-related injuries"?????? Are you having a laugh, have you SEEN our injury list?????? Why the f00k do you think this thread exists, if its such an inconsequential issue FFS? We all expect there to be knocks and injuries in a tough division like the Championship and to suggest I expect otherwise is even more outlandish than is your usual drivel. What we don't expect is that by Christmas we are regularly having to DEPEND upon those from the development squads to step in either as starters or subs. I'm keen (and have been consistently) for our youngsters to be given opportunity, but that's different from HAVING to use them because we have so many injured 1st choice 1st team players.

I said before, that the last thing we want is for our current situation to be followed by a decline echoing what happened last season and we fall off a cliff position-wise, this time brought about by a lack of 1st team players capable of maintaining current performances. I presume you would agree? I don't want to go back to how we played in the latter part of last season, neither do I want to end up with another seasons end conversation about "what if". Course correction isn't a recognition of failure, it's simply doing what is best to achieve the end result.

A little over the top WTF don't you think? Can't speak for him but I think he's saying that there is a trade off to play the level we play at week in and out.

However, unlike what a lot of employers think these days, employees or players are not pawns on a chessboard. Going out and picking up players in January has a huge effect on the chemistry and psyche of the players on the current squad. I don't blame Roofe or Bamford for being upset if go out and sign some $20 mil striker. Guy helicopters in from no where and expects to play right away. Not of the pain and the growing that the group has experienced since MB showed up on the scene. Probably no better and it's a vote of no confidence to the current players.

The january window if for squads that are poor or are selling. we don't fit either. we need some back up at Keep and back 4 but we don't need to look to "improve the squad". Big difference in the approach. I think MB has told the players they are good enough.

Even with the injuries we are one of the best teams in the league. Let them play it out.

The off season is when you change the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A little over the top WTF don't you think? Can't speak for him but I think he's saying that there is a trade off to play the level we play at week in and out.

However, unlike what a lot of employers think these days, employees or players are not pawns on a chessboard. Going out and picking up players in January has a huge effect on the chemistry and psyche of the players on the current squad. I don't blame Roofe or Bamford for being upset if go out and sign some $20 mil striker. Guy helicopters in from no where and expects to play right away. Not of the pain and the growing that the group has experienced since MB showed up on the scene. Probably no better and it's a vote of no confidence to the current players.

The january window if for squads that are poor or are selling. we don't fit either. we need some back up at Keep and back 4 but we don't need to look to "improve the squad". Big difference in the approach. I think MB has told the players they are good enough.

Even with the injuries we are one of the best teams in the league. Let them play it out.

The off season is when you change the squad.
    Not ott regarding the number if injuries, nor how we are for the first time I can remember DEPENDING on players from the development squads to fill key positions simply because we don't have 1st team regulars to do so.

If as you say he's suggesting there is a trade off, that's no different to by other season. This season however the style if play has taken an extra toll on players and all I was asking what if there was anything could be done to maintain our position whilst reducing the damage being done to 1st team players.

I'm with you in terms of keeping the squad "as is", just worried we will run out of players to keep going as we have so far (even with the return of previously injured players).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not ott regarding the number if injuries, nor how we are for the first time I can remember DEPENDING on players from the development squads to fill key positions simply because we don't have 1st team regulars to do so.

If as you say he's suggesting there is a trade off, that's no different to by other season. This season however the style if play has taken an extra toll on players and all I was asking what if there was anything could be done to maintain our position whilst reducing the damage being done to 1st team players.

I'm with you in terms of keeping the squad "as is", just worried we will run out of players to keep going as we have so far (even with the return of previously injured players).
    ......changes to training or tactics or style WTF11 ?

Pullis at Boro warned Bielsa early doors ........

Bielsa though admitted that his counterpart was right as he continues to experience the gruelling side of a campaign in the English second tier that consists of 46 games across the season.

"After the game against Middlesbrough, Tony Pulis - he’s a wise man, he knows a lot of the Championship - he told me that it is very hard to keep the regularity of the team during this Championship, and we are an example of that, because we can’t impose our style all the time.

"The level of the team is the same one, but the players have ups and downs, even if we’ve played 30% of the Championship so far, if we want to take into consideration the regularity of the team, the time we’ve spent so far is not enough to get regularity, as we have not played all the games with the same level, and at the same time I’m not sure we’d play with the same level during 90 minutes."

That ALL said we've the second best defensive record despite inevitable injuries that'll occur and options opening for player returns now happenening - Defo lessons learned as we've seen many tactical changes to combat enforced negatives which proves this squads versatility ability wise and mentally too,IMO.

MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 10-12-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Bielsa though admitted that his counterpart was right as he continues to experience the gruelling side of a campaign in the English second tier that consists of 46 games across the season.

"After the game against Middlesbrough, Tony Pulis - he’s a wise man, he knows a lot of the Championship - he told me that it is very hard to keep the regularity of the team during this Championship, and we are an example of that, because we can’t impose our style all the time.

"The level of the team is the same one, but the players have ups and downs, even if we’ve played 30% of the Championship so far, if we want to take into consideration the regularity of the team, the time we’ve spent so far is not enough to get regularity, as we have not played all the games with the same level, and at the same time I’m not sure we’d play with the same level during 90 minutes."

That ALL said we've the second best defensive record despite inevitable injuries that'll occur and options opening for player returns now happenening - Defo lessons learned as we've seen many tactical changes to combat enforced negatives which proves this squads versatility ability wise and mentally too,IMO.

MOT
    Short answer, maybe a bit of both?

MOT
    And I agree 100% on the last bit😉

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)