+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dubravka

Dubravka

He is absolutely fckin mint, man.

Best 'keeper we've had for years and my favourite Newcastle player by a country mile.

Lucky to have him.

Agreed and a bargain as well only £4.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed and a bargain as well only £4.5 million.
    Such a gulf in quality between him and those as back up, perhaps excluding young Woodie's potential.

Absolutely. Probably the best since Given.

When we signed Dubravka, I was less than impressed. He won me over pretty much from that first game against Man Utd, though I did suspect I could have been beginner's luck. The steadiness he has shown since then has been remarkable and vital, very few bad performances from him.

I hope he stays with us for a long time. Hands off Juventus.

I think he's the best weve ever had in a long time

Pav was a great 'keeper, Shay was really good and Tim Krul was brilliant at times before his injury...

but I think Dubravka could be the best I've seen.

At his best, I think Given was a class ahead of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    At his best, I think Given was a class ahead of the rest.
    I don't think that Given had the positional sense that Dubravka has also Dub handles crosses better. if he can't catch them cleanly he diverts them high and wide like Harps used to instead of what most goalies do by just pushing them out for the opposing strikers to have a free header.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I don't think that Given had the positional sense that Dubravka has also Dub handles crosses better. if he can't catch them cleanly he diverts them high and wide like Harps used to instead of what most goalies do by just pushing them out for the opposing strikers to have a free header.
    Well no GK's are perfect. Watch West Ham's 3rd goal and you can see that Dubravka ain't either. Given was talked about as one of the best in the world at one point.

Not taking anything from Dubravka mind you, I love him!

If he keeps on like he is he’s gonna be hard to hold onto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)