+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpie group cancel any future protests

We’ll see. I’m as sceptical about the vast majority of match going fans being suitably unhappy to do anything of substance if Ashley doesn’t follow through on what he’s said as I am about Ashley selling the club tbh.
    Last edited by Kingstonbob1; 06-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Having had the day to think about it, I suppose it's just putting off a watershed moment-either the club gets sold or, if he's still here-for whatever reason-I think the majority of fans will be behind a boycott.

Personally, I don't see it as giving Ashley a chance, rather as a holding back from causing unrest to give any potential buyers a chance. If he's gone come the January window then it was worth it; if he's not then I think a lot more peopled will be prepared to act. Folk will be livid with themselves that they believed the 'potential buyers' line-fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me-type thing and that will translate into more anger directed at Ashley.
    I'm convinced he's going this time

Don't know why but I am

To me any work or pressure put on him has been wasted .it's like a boxer winning then giving his opponent a chance to fight back

There will still be behind the scenes stuff going on to affect his other businesses Kev. That’s for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    To me any work or pressure put on him has been wasted .it's like a boxer winning then giving his opponent a chance to fight back
    I agree, Kev...I was all for the boycott but since it's not going ahead on an 'official' basis, there definitely won't be enough to make it worthwhile. I think more would have done it than folk realise but now there's no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Takes away his and some of his media pals excuse of blaming the fans unrest for not selling
    Worth it to get more fans on board if it all goes t1ts up

I agree, Kev...I was all for the boycott but since it's not going ahead on an 'official' basis, there definitely won't be enough to make it worthwhile. I think more would have done it than folk realise but now there's no chance.
    I think if people wouldn’t do an 11 min walk in they wouldn’t do a boycott even if it was on tv.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

I think they've lost all credibility.
    They lost it when they f*cked the fans over who traveled down south for a protest. They couldn't organize a p!ss up in a brewery or tell the difference between an @rse and an elbow.

I can understand why they've decided this myself, i think they we're a bit ****ed really.

Don't do it and it's as said here - spineless, cowards etc. etc.

Do it - alleged sale falls through, it'll all be placed on them. Some fans will agree with that and it'll separate the fan base which is what Ashley wants.

I don't like it and I can't understand what TF was doing with that article but i do understand why the MG have made this decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)