+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 8/12/18

Mansfield 1-3 Notts.

Hoodoo broken. It's the first derby I've missed in about 15 and I've never seen us lose to you so I think thats an omen. I'll be watching on ifollow abroad, but expect the curse to end.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Our season starts here Stags 1 : Notts 2
    Agree with durham on this.Dennis to get both.Form book goes out the window in local derbies,,then again this is notts'
    1437 fans

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I was thinking that, looking at their home form they score 1 goal a lot of the time, they rarely hammer teams, not in the league anyway. Problem is you'd back us to concede more than one against pretty much anyone.
    Sounds to me like they create loads of chances but fail to convert them. You could say that that's a good thing for us, or you could say that one of these days they'll hammer a team. I'm afraid I'm going with the latter - if it's going to come good for them, it'll come good against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Mansfield 1-3 Notts.

Hoodoo broken. It's the first derby I've missed in about 15 and I've never seen us lose to you so I think thats an omen. I'll be watching on ifollow abroad, but expect the curse to end.
    I checked your forum yesterday and it looks like a few Mansfield fans, including yourself, are overestimating Notts. I get that form means less in a local derby, but it's quite hard to explain just how bad we've been this season. I think we've signed a great manager in Ardley, and if anyone can get something out of these players it'll be him, but I'm still of the opinion that they simply don't have it in them to go out and win a game like this.

3-0 Stags

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I checked your forum yesterday and it looks like a few Mansfield fans, including yourself, are overestimating Notts. I get that form means less in a local derby, but it's quite hard to explain just how bad we've been this season. I think we've signed a great manager in Ardley, and if anyone can get something out of these players it'll be him, but I'm still of the opinion that they simply don't have it in them to go out and win a game like this.
    I don't think I'm overestimating Notts, I just have a feeling that it'll go your way. Form or ability rarely. Has anything to do with it in these games. We've beaten you when you've been top or at the bottom, but I just feel like it's your turn finally.

I'm going for the new manager bounce plus a bit of overdue luck. Stags run riot, but can hit anything but the back of the net. Notts defence finally turns up, and blocks everything. Notts go up the other end and score 2. 0-2 to the Pies with Bishop (unfairly) sent off for a crunching tackle on Duffy (recinded on appeal as the video shows no contact, despite Duffy appearing to die in the challenge). Ref gets booed off at full time by the Stags fans for giving too many decisions in our favour.

Just sighted a pig flying past my window.....

Stags 5-0 Pies
    1850 miserable pies
    ( I would be happy with a 1 or 2 goal beating but just can't see it with this team )

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I'm going for the new manager bounce plus a bit of overdue luck. Stags run riot, but can hit anything but the back of the net. Notts defence finally turns up, and blocks everything. Notts go up the other end and score 2. 0-2 to the Pies with Bishop (unfairly) sent off for a crunching tackle on Duffy (recinded on appeal as the video shows no contact, despite Duffy appearing to die in the challenge). Ref gets booed off at full time by the Stags fans for giving too many decisions in our favour.

Just sighted a pig flying past my window.....
    This really made me laugh... Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    I don't think I'm overestimating Notts, I just have a feeling that it'll go your way. Form or ability rarely. Has anything to do with it in these games. We've beaten you when you've been top or at the bottom, but I just feel like it's your turn finally.
    If you think it'll go our way then you are overestimating Notts. But hey, I hope you are right!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast