+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 8/12/18

Mansfailed 2 v 0 Notts Co

Unfortunately with just about all our goalscoring threats out injured I fail to see how we can win this let alone get a draw

Notts to be winning 2-1 at half time as Stags struggle to get to grips with our Crazy Gang attacking trident of Stead, Etete and Brisley. Full time 3-3 (sorry Wedgie).

I think perhaps some on here are being a bit negative. We only lost 2-0,to a team 44 places above us, and an own goal and a penalty is not exactly a drubbing. No goals conceded from crosses, and a few good chances created, so I am going 2-1 to Notts.

Given the current position of the two clubs I am fearing the worst tomorrow and can't see anything other than a comfortable win for the Stags. I only hope it does not get really embarrassing.

Stags 3 Pies 1

1475 brave, masochistic fans who have my total respect.

1493 depressed fans, should be much more!!!! But Mansfield like to keep our numbers down to try and dishearten the team even more.
    Stags 4 - Notts 1 head says
    Stags 1 Notts 3 heart says with a mini battling srevival from Neil Wesley's leadership coming to the fore

Well it could be 5-1 to Mansfield if they have a good day and us a bad day, or we could be a bit tighter and it only be 3-1 to them. Then again stranger things have happened and we could somehow scrape a draw. I really am finding it hard to decide.

It will be either early on in the game, or late on where I think the Mansfield goals will come. If we can ride out those spells we could get a draw.

I think it’s far too early in Neal Ardleys reign for us to do anything of note. However I would love to be proven wrong.

So I’m going to go Mansfield 3-1 Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I checked your forum yesterday and it looks like a few Mansfield fans, including yourself, are overestimating Notts. I get that form means less in a local derby, but it's quite hard to explain just how bad we've been this season. I think we've signed a great manager in Ardley, and if anyone can get something out of these players it'll be him, but I'm still of the opinion that they simply don't have it in them to go out and win a game like this.
    Turns out I overestimated you 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Turns out I overestimated you ��
    Yeah! I actually underestimated us this time - I thought we'd lose by more than two :0

For the first 30 minutes Notts looked just as likely to score first. Thomas seems a real threat, much more than he ever was for us. I think you'll be fine when Ardley starts to make his impression on them. If he can get Dennis scoring then you'll comfortably safe.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah! I actually underestimated us this time - I thought we'd lose by more than two :0
    To be fairit was only thanks to Fitz, the woodwork and poor finishing that we didn't.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast