+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Irwin - possible free agent ?

Lee Irwin - possible free agent ?

Lee Irwin has just left the Iran club he was signed to - says he left due to personal reasons.

I think he would be a really good signing for United - he is fast, tall, good in the box and a proven goal scorer at this level.

Thoughts on this ?

Good player. Would take him in a heartbeat. However knowing our luck him being a "free agent" would be like when we signed Damien Casalinuovo as a "free agent".

He’s never played in the Championship and only scored 10 in 68 for Well & Killie in Prem so he’s far from a proven goal scorer.

Not completely against the idea but Safranko is main target man type striker, so ideally we get Clark fit or sign someone else in that mould.

Probably a good reason he had to go to Iran for a game of football, Iran???

It’s a no for me, we’ve had far too many has beens and never beens in recent years, sure Robbie knows what he’s doing and will cut through the usual chaff we get offered to get some sound signings this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    Probably a good reason he had to go to Iran for a game of football, Iran???

It’s a no for me, we’ve had far too many has beens and never beens in recent years, sure Robbie knows what he’s doing and will cut through the usual chaff we get offered to get some sound signings this year.
    Erwin & Stokes both left them at the same time. The 2 of them would be good acquisitions but no chance imo.

If we were to go for someone in a position we definitely need it would be loaning Lee Wallace from Sevco. Out of the picture there and would 100% strengthen us.

Again a very slim chance of getting him.

Irwin always looked alright when I’ve seen him.

I think he is bit more of a creative then a target man.

As long as there are options for Neilson

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Erwin & Stokes both left them at the same time. The 2 of them would be good acquisitions but no chance imo.

If we were to go for someone in a position we definitely need it would be loaning Lee Wallace from Sevco. Out of the picture there and would 100% strengthen us.

Again a very slim chance of getting him.
    Bend the knee, tell us you are sorry, we are your grace etc... and maybe, just maybe, you will receive our forgiveness. The correct response to this would be “yes my lord”.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Bend the knee, tell us you are sorry, we are your grace etc... and maybe, just maybe, you will receive our forgiveness. The correct response to this would be “yes my lord”.
    OK..... I'm sorry you're a trophy virgin ZOMBIE.

so teddy bear - why the username and do you pass yerself off as a dee or just a bigot??

Bend the knee?? is that just child molesting or religious pish - either or its the same thing tbh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)