+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Player Recruitment at the Root of Burnley Woes.

It is funny tbh as all those players are on between 10 and 35k a week so shut up do your job and get on with it just like everyone else would have to in any walk of life.
    what has Hart done wrong ? Can’t see it myself and if the reason is we’re sulking because Tom lost his place when injured that’s the worst excuse I’ve heard ever.
    The fact is we stood still and I posted this before we kicked a ball , that if we didn’t progress we’d go backwards and quickly.
    The worst thing that could ever happen to us was finishing seventh as the board just took it as a given we have enough at this level to compete.

Last year was an exception I think we acknowledge that whilst we played some better football we were lucky in a lot of games to get results. ( that’s not detracting from the fact that you have to win the games and we did ).

However I’m unsure of the figures entirely spent on players but there is 55 million mentioned on inferior ( so called players ). And that is roughly the transfers of Gray and Keane the previous year so how much money have we actually spent out of the monies available to the club ?

I’m still unsure about Dyche in some aspects but he deserves our backing really thinking about it, as he has dragged the club up to this level on a minuscule budget.

We the fans are suffering as it is , the club went into this season knowing there were potentially many more games to play, god knows where we’d be if we had qualified for the next stages in Europe.

Looking at it rationally we need 7-8 wins minimum and 5 -6 draws to be in with a shout of even surviving , at this moment I can’t see where they are coming from.
    So if you look at the following home games , Southampton, Fulham,Palace , Cardiff, Brighton and two always Newcastle and Huddersfield

These seven fixtures are what you would call teams in our own mini league if you like , if we win all of those and then draw with 5-6 of the better teams there is a chance of surviving. football as it is tells me we can’t win all of those games that’s the problem.

It’s gutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Just a quick word on Joe Hart, I did mention when we got him that he had a reputation of being an arrogant flash bastid in the dressing room and could be disruptive, with all the guessing going on about Burnley's demise perhaps this may be a factor.

I was wondering about the Hart signing as well Alto. I don't know what he's like in the dressing room, and I've no complaints about his performances, but on another thread I was wondering if our players weren't putting as much into it because they sensed they were playing for a club that was relaxed about getting relegated. The Hart signing could also have had a detrimental effect imo, Tom Heaton was club captain, he'd never let us down, Pope gets injured and it looks like he'll get his place back, he couldn't have been far off full fitness, and if there were any doubts we had the goalkeeping cover until he was. Then suddenly Joe Hart walks into the dressing room. I can only imagine the other players looked at Joe, looked at Tom, and thought WTF ???

Hart was brought in as a very credible emergency measure due to Tom not being ready and Popeye still in recovery. Hart has performed well and must look good in training otherwise the 'Club Captain' who has the gaffers ear would be starting. As soon as Hart makes a major blunder we could see Tom given his chance. (Or perform better in training).

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Exactly Sinkov.Unfortunately as is usually the case with BFC the cavalry have arrived too late.Why would the Board now trust SD with another 50-60 million after the flops hereby mentioned?
    Whilst we whinge on about the board not releasing funds I have been saying that SD has wasted money on poor buys.

That has been my central theme for a bit and one of the reasons he has reached his use-by date.

However I’m unsure of the figures entirely spent on players but there is 55 million mentioned on inferior ( so called players ). And that is roughly the transfers of Gray and Keane the previous year so how much money have we actually spent out of the monies available to the club ?

Because we have offset some of the cost of the transfers in with monies received for transfers out doesn't change the amount of monies spent on poor players!

There are however some pleasant rumours circulating of potential inbounds. Rigg seems to have hit the deck running and he needed to!

I hope these latest rumours are more reliable than most of your recent ones BT, the only result of those has been a collection of aging taxis gently rusting away. It's been that long since they were used, I'll bet they don't even have valid MOTs.

No the fleet is fine sinkov! The number of times last summer the taxis were booked and pre-paid for to attend the Hawthorns meant the cars are all in good condition and ready to go.
    We have also been recently doing great business on taxi runs to Manchester airport as our European scouting team head off to all corners of the 27 member states in a last minute trolley dash to beat Brexit.
    Attachment 11262

I'll put these new signings in the same category as a competent Labour government BT, in the 'I'll believe it when I see it' category.

I truly believe we have a much better chance of having a competent Labour government than the Clarets acquiring a few useful new signings sinkov.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)