+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Player Recruitment at the Root of Burnley Woes.

Poor Player Recruitment at the Root of Burnley Woes.

The recruitment cavalry have arrived at Turf Moor, hopefully in the nick of time. - External Link

That piece makes stark reading, and you can't argue with it, five players, Hendrick, Wood, Wells, Vydra, Gibson, £55 million spent for not much return so far. I'm not really sure why we signed Hart or Walters either, for a club that's supposed to be careful with it's cash, and is certainly reluctant to spend it, you have to ask just wtf they were thinking.

TEC was just concentrating on our dips into the Championship sinkov. Hart and Walters were both EPL players when we bought them.

I firmly believe Tom Heaton should be between our sticks, he is a leader and that's what we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That piece makes stark reading, and you can't argue with it, five players, Hendrick, Wood, Wells, Vydra, Gibson, £55 million spent for not much return so far. I'm not really sure why we signed Hart or Walters either, for a club that's supposed to be careful with it's cash, and is certainly reluctant to spend it, you have to ask just wtf they were thinking.
    Exactly Sinkov.Unfortunately as is usually the case with BFC the cavalry have arrived too late.Why would the Board now trust SD with another 50-60 million after the flops hereby mentioned?

I viewed the Rigg interview on ClaretsPlayer, he states that he was amazed how Garlick and Dyche seemed to be on the same wave length when he met them both and that he is in the position of helping Sean Dyche and the team, not to make sweeping changes but to assist.

Even if Riggs did mention some players seem surplus to requirements (Mee/Wood/Hendrick), I doubt Dyche would listen.

Personally I did not want Wood, Wells, Hendrick or Walters, or Hart for that matter, Gibson I had not seen or noticed, and saw Vydra as a panic buy but an above average player who could prove his worth if only he was given some playing time.

Just a quick word on Joe Hart, I did mention when we got him that he had a reputation of being an arrogant flash bastid in the dressing room and could be disruptive, with all the guessing going on about Burnley's demise perhaps this may be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I viewed the Rigg interview on ClaretsPlayer, he states that he was amazed how Garlick and Dyche seemed to be on the same wave length when he met them both and that he is in the position of helping Sean Dyche and the team, not to make sweeping changes but to assist.

Even if Riggs did mention some players seem surplus to requirements (Mee/Wood/Hendrick), I doubt Dyche would listen.

Personally I did not want Wood, Wells, Hendrick or Walters, or Hart for that matter, Gibson I had not seen or noticed, and saw Vydra as a panic buy but an above average player who could prove his worth if only he was given some playing time.

Just a quick word on Joe Hart, I did mention when we got him that he had a reputation of being an arrogant flash bastid in the dressing room and could be disruptive, with all the guessing going on about Burnley's demise perhaps this may be a factor.
    A Funny one this!!
    Joe Hart is, doing alright for himself,.and performing well .
    The final straw ,. When Tom gets the Gloves v Burnsley, and he does well,...
    Will He Really be reinstated .?

Is this the same poor player recruitment that got the rest of the country talking ,as the Clarets rose to 7th position last season ?

Dyche will have first and last say on all signings - Rigg

https://trainingground.guru/articles...-signings-rigg

and was wondering what he's been doing since leaving Fulham in 2016 - he joined SRI (executive) as a Global Football Advisor in july 17 - so what happened there ?

https://www.sriexecutive.com/2017/07...tball-advisor/

as for Burnley.....what we hear from S.D - about getting back to what were about, losing the eye of the tiger, lacking teamwork, regaining the clarity - but what we don't hear is - why it left us in the first place - what happened, what caused the collapse - because whatever it is - it needs to get sorted - pronto , otherwise, whoever we bring in, will just be descending into the chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Is this the same poor player recruitment that got the rest of the country talking ,as the Clarets rose to 7th position last season ?

Not really Mal, of the 7 players I mention in Post 2, only Wood and Hendrick actually played any PL games for us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    £55 million spunked on five players who cannot be guaranteed first team football smacks of poor recruitment to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)