+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on here own a Brennan2 ?

Anyone on here own a Brennan2 ?

Or have any idea on the user guide ?

dont own one Alto...though looks interesting - especially being it's Flac file compatible.

user operating/guide.........Pdf: https://www.brennan.co.uk/imagprod/B...ingGuideV2.pdf

about: https://www.thebrennan.com/itemconte...2specification

is it working ok ?

Thanks Norder.

I used to have the earlier model (JB7), I ripped all my CD's onto it (over 900), it took me nearly 2 Weeks, after doing that I found that the remote did not work, so me being me I just left it instead of ordering a new remote.

Then I noticed Brennan brought out his 2T Brennan2, so I bought that one (again another £600), you only get a small manual guide with it (as with the previous one), but it said you needed a special lead to transfer music from your JB7 to the new B2, so I sent away for the lead, it came and it did not work, I have read the 2 links you posted and many more, it is very vague or I'm stupid (probably the latter).

So I hand balled and ripped my whole CD Library again taking days to do so, they work perfectly and the sound is very good from the small machine and tiny speakers from the original JB7.

The thing I am struggling with is I have a larger collection of music in my PC Library of over 1T, I have loaded a flash drive of 128G of this music from my PC and tried to import it from the flash drive onto the hard disc of the B2, It has appeared on my interface of the B2 on my PC but it will not let me play any music, my mate said it is still transferring from the flash to the hard disc on the B2 as the facia on the B2 is flashing fast with Artists, track names and Album titles from the flash drive, it has been doing this for nearly 2 days, surely it does not take this long ?

Thanks again for the info Norder, you know I'm not technical and if you can help in laymen terms I would much appreciate it, my mate over the phone talks about it like he's reading from a book but its all gobbledygook to me.

sounds like you've been through it - Alto - did you try phone/email Brennon....if that lead was supposed to do the trick but didn't, then they should have been able to help sort it - I see also that they direct you to a Brennon google Forum from their website....https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/brennanb2...could be worth a look...and the 128G file transfer taking two days - Much too long imo, perhaps there's a corrupt file, perhaps it's finished doing , and is just stuck on a loop, if it was me, i'd pull the plug....see whats there....but it's your puppy.

good luck with it alto - and keep us updated.

Cheers.

My sons are always saying "old people and new technology doesn't work"

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    My sons are always saying "old people and new technology doesn't work"
    or alf.... is that..."technology doesn't cut it - and older folk know it".

They are not wrong Alf, When we get a new TV I have to get Matron to tune the Channels in

I will let the B2 roll on till tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Been looking at this in the link Norder, you know more than me so I'm asking if it is any good when you get a few minutes to view it, I would appreciate your views.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    or alf.... is that..."technology doesn't cut it - and older folk know it".

Spot on Norder..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Been looking at this in the link Norder, you know more than me so I'm asking if it is any good when you get a few minutes to view it, I would appreciate your views.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=yNwB50bN0Do
    for a few seconds - I thought we were talking about the cassette deck - a Pioneer CT-F1250...Lovely !

Well - it's a Sony...and the stuff i've had/have of theirs has proved reliable, but about as far as I go with modern digital music players is portable lossless - that I sometimes plug into an amp, I use CD mostly, Vinyl and Cassette too...but I do know digi with quality Dac can be excellent sounding, and unless something goes wrong - the ease of it...........
    So your after another one - Alto ?

Just found out that the Sony HAP S1 I put up on YouTube has been discontinued.

If I cannot get the B2 to perform as I want it then yes I'll be after another one.

The one I'm looking at is in the link, near enough £2,000 (Matron will go ape Sh!t) but is not a ripper, but one of the reviews says you don't have to be a computer buff to understand it, which makes it compatible to me

https://www.richersounds.com/high-re...io-player.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)