+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCM dispair

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Do these posters not go to the pub either because there might be conversations going on that they’re not interested in?
    Wouldn't you expect them to seek out a pub where the regulars & conversation suited them better??

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Wouldn't you expect them to seek out a pub where the regulars & conversation suited them better??
    They have O/T along side them. No one forces you to read them.
    As stated, only a minute amount of posts were off topic.
    It's more a case of Notts performing like a sack of ****, that posters are in decline.
    But decline is now throughout MAD. I suggest you scroll through every team and make a list of who uses what and the date of the last post.
    It may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    On the front page there are 3 OT's (1 of them about a football film) and 17 about football, virtually all about Notts.

Not disheartening at all.
    I was being a bit tongue in cheek . I'm not against OT threads, just would be nice to have more to talk about with football. It was the level of interest/number of posts on the Brexit thread v number of posts on the other threads that caught my eye.

Living away from Nottingham, I find NCM a very useful way of keeping in touch with news, views and gossip, plus many and varied opinions on my lifelong team Notts County.

I do hope this board goes from strength to strength and trust all interested parties will continue to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I was being a bit tongue in cheek . I'm not against OT threads, just would be nice to have more to talk about with football. It was the level of interest/number of posts on the Brexit thread v number of posts on the other threads that caught my eye.
    You need Syd to get writers cramp to get rid of most of the O/T threads

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    A poor choice of words I agree navy,this forum has always had & I hope will continue to have OT posts, however the last couple of years have seen many good,regular football posters move away from the site as they have become much more frequent & repetitive imo. We have also had an influx of posters,many from across the river, yourself & Tarks for example to bolster the already political/argumentative posters on here, at the end of the day there are thousands of political forums to choose from but only a few where you can chat to fellow Notts fans. Long live Notts posts.
    Yeah, I can be argumentative. I'm often seen tramping the streets of Mapperley arguing with a black Labrador.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Living away from Nottingham, I find NCM a very useful way of keeping in touch with news, views and gossip, plus many and varied opinions on my lifelong team Notts County.

I do hope this board goes from strength to strength and trust all interested parties will continue to contribute.
    I also live many miles from Nottingham and totally agree with this. NCM is now my main source for finding out what’s happening at Notts - though of course I’ve learned to take a lot of it with a pinch of salt!

I always think when people say the site has gone downhill and there are no decent threads, just start one yourself. Obviously it will be better than the dross most of us write and commenters will come back in their droves. No, but seriously, who cares, just vent your spleen, give an opinion about Notts or whatever, it's a free country.

Oh, and it's not anyone on here's fault the club are so piss poor now. It's no coincidence we get more posts when something like Munto happens and the football is worth watching. Just bear (bare?) with it, we won't be crap forever.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 07-12-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12