+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hello Villamadders

Hello Villamadders

Long time since I've been here, but I thought I would check in and see who's about these days......

I am so pleased that after the wilderness years since O Neil we have a manager who is worthy of leading Aston Villa, he's got the feel good levels going again with his brilliant football style ... ok he has inherited some of the dross that Bruce signed ... but I have every confidence he will build a squad here that goes from strength to strength ... Deano is his own man and I have great hope for the future with him at the helm.

To tomorrow .... Deano will have them prepared and they will go expecting to win, all of Bruce's negativity has been erased and as long as the usual culprits ... goalie and left back don't fek up I can only see one winner. I Would like to see both Bolasie and ElGhazi start and with Jack and Mcginn bossing the midfield ... we will frighten em to death ...

3-2 Villa ......

Come on you Lions

Hey Iwuz!

It's really good to see you back - I've missed your motivational team talks

You know I talk rubbish football, so I won't try , but hoping to read lots more Iwuz posts!

Good to hear from you Iwuz. I agree with everything apart from us being left with Bruce dross. I think his signing were overall spot on

Nyland, Taylor .... are you sure Bongo?

Nyland I agree with. I'm not sure what he was thinking? Taylor is a decent back up just about.
    Terry Hourihane Bolasie Tammy Kodja Adoma Elmo etc are at the heart of everything good right now.

Kodjia was a RDM signing Bong. The rest?, yes he was responsible for them, but as TD pointed out, SB didn’t know how to drive the vehicles that bought.
    Any one of us could have pinpointed these players for a club of our size and standing. Every one of those signings were considered by all and sundry as tremendous acquisitions.
    The trouble was, SB and his staff couldn’t get them playing in a recognised style of play and to their strengths?
    Playing out of position, without direction, made them, at that time, ‘Dross’, pointless signings. So yes, Iwuz (welcome back Sir) does have a valid point, as the players that SB bought show no resemblance to the players now at DS’s disposal.

P.s. Whip off those Swansea tinted glasses there mate, Taylor is a liability. Erratic, clumsy, and his positional discipline mates Hutton look like… well… umm,.. Cafu?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)