+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ardley pre-Mansfield interview

Ardley pre-Mansfield interview

Good interview. He comes across as a realist. How refreshing.

Was optimistic when NA was appointed....

I only hope he is as good a manager / coach as he is interviewee, because this was everything you'd hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Was optimistic when NA was appointed....

I only hope he is as good a manager / coach as he is interviewee, because this was everything you'd hope for.
    Don't go down that road.Just got rid of one HK because he was the stand out in the interviews.Then we had fullofsheit

I know it's basic stuff, but I love what he says about getting the stats in our favour - winning both boxes, creating the most chances, ensuring there are always numbers in the box to attack the ball when we get crosses in, etc.

The amount of times this season I've seen Notts cross the ball to absolutely nobody is astonishing. If we can get the basics right, we might just stand a chance of staying up.

Love Ardley when listening to him. For once we've got an up and coming manager who actually has experience and knows what he's talking about especially at this level. We've mainly been trying to find the next big thing and it turns out they aren't, glad for once we've got someone with something to prove yet in their career but also has experience and promotions as well. Really wish him all the best.

Wait and see time for me...Football managers are like politicians what comes out their mouths is a load of bull s h y t e...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Wait and see time for me...Football managers are like politicians what comes out their mouths is a load of bull s h y t e...
    Of course it's 'wait and see' but I do feel very optimistic.

Several years experience, a promotion, keeping Wimbledon in L1 and, putting the MK Franchise in their place!

He's as good as it gets in our league and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Several years experience, a promotion, keeping Wimbledon in L1 and, putting the MK Franchise in their place!

He's as good as it gets in our league and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season with confidence.

What's there not to like about this guy? He's obviously very stats/numbers based which I think is a good thing, stats can be misleading but working with the basic ones as he said reducing number of crosses into the box, increasing number of players in the box for our crosses is basic, but the facts are we have done neither up to now.
    Think we have to accept it's going to be tough the next 2 months and he's gonna have to grind out results, think it will get better when Stead and Hemmings are fully fit. I think he eluded to the squad needs a bit more, but he knows he's got a job on getting rid of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

I agree. I just hope fans (and AH) give him the time he deserves to get this right. It's impossible to fix a mess of this proportion over night, and really the best we can hope for is to survive this season. Then, all being well, next season might be a little bit more enjoyable. If he can put a team out that fights and scraps and plays with passion, it'll be a massive improvement on what we've seen so far this season. It would be bloody lovely to leave a game feeling just a little bit proud of our team - even in defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree. I just hope fans (and AH) give him the time he deserves to get this right. It's impossible to fix a mess of this proportion over night, and really the best we can hope for is to survive this season. Then, all being well, next season might be a little bit more enjoyable. If he can put a team out that fights and scraps and plays with passion, it'll be a massive improvement on what we've seen so far this season. It would be bloody lovely to leave a game feeling just a little bit proud of our team - even in defeat.
    This

Don't mind them losing if they play well and compete - though if they play well and compete they'll win more than they lose anyway. We've looked a yard slower than the opposition all season, especially to second balls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast