+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deid......

Deid......

Pete Shelly...... Buzzcocks lead singer.

Nae good.

They were fvcking brilliant when they played the Lemon Tree a few years ago.

Strange, I've had Operators Manual going through my head over the past couple of days.

RIP min.

I always seemed to miss them in toon due to offshore

Looks like ive missed them for good now

Was lucky enough to see them at The Capitol in 1979 with Joy Division as support. Great gig. RIP min.

Yeh, was there that night.

I managed not to get thrown out but it was touch and go.

I did see them at the ABC (also no longer with us) in Glasgow in 2017, and I was going to watch them at the Pelican (I think) around 1994 but, for reasons unknown, I didn't....however, I would've much rather had saw them in 1979 along with Edmonton Dandy and DonsDaft but, alas, I was only 4

According to Rocktour database, the gig took place on the 7th October 1979. The previous night you could've watched Siouxise & the Banshees split up at the same venue, and take on-loan the lead singer of the support band The Cure.

On October 10th the Dons went to Ibrox and won 2-0 (Harper & Starchan) in the 2nd leg of a League Cup match to knock them out 5-1 on agg

Oh, what a time to be alive and aware

60 now though.

Wouldn't swap any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I did see them at the ABC (also no longer with us) in Glasgow in 2017, and I was going to watch them at the Pelican (I think) around 1994 but, for reasons unknown, I didn't....however, I would've much rather had saw them in 1979 along with Edmonton Dandy and DonsDaft but, alas, I was only 4

According to Rocktour database, the gig took place on the 7th October 1979. The previous night you could've watched Siouxise & the Banshees split up at the same venue, and take on-loan the lead singer of the support band The Cure.

On October 10th the Dons went to Ibrox and won 2-0 (Harper & Starchan) in the 2nd leg of a League Cup match to knock them out 5-1 on agg

Oh, what a time to be alive and aware
    My old man reckons he was propping up a city centre bar that night (possibly the Grill) totally unaware of the gig (too old for that scene) and was chatting at length to some English lassie with big hair who he realised after, maybe even the next day, was Siouxise Soux. Im sure when he told me that story there was a suggestion that she might've been willing to show him her Hong Kong Garden but with him married to my mum at the time he didn't...yeah right.

That's up there with his 'meeting Hendrix at Isle of Wight 1970' story.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    My old man reckons he was propping up a city centre bar that night (possibly the Grill) totally unaware of the gig (too old for that scene) and was chatting at length to some English lassie with big hair who he realised after, maybe even the next day, was Siouxise Soux. Im sure when he told me that story there was a suggestion that she might've been willing to show him her Hong Kong Garden but with him married to my mum at the time he didn't...yeah right.

That's up there with his 'meeting Hendrix at Isle of Wight 1970' story.
    ... I wonder if she kept/keeps are Hong Kong Garden trim?

What's the Hendrix on Wight story?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast