+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1250 tickets sold for tomorrow so far

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't think that's too bad considering, we're probably going to get a pummelling and after we've witnessed so many already this year then not suprised people don't have the money or inclination to go tomorrow.

The players need to start giving the fans something to come for, it's expensive for alot of people to go to football now so it's high time the players proved that they're at least worth the effort.
    I think also getting rounded up at 11 in the morning by the police don't help then get taken to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Going to Field Mill has got to be 1 of the worst footballing experiences in the league, Irrespective of the result.
    Toilets
    Tea Bars/concourse
    Turnstiles
    Stewards/security
    Local Bars
    All above are mediocre.
    Toilets are crap at every ground. If you don't like ours you can always just smash them up again. I used to work on the Notts turnstiles and I can tell you they aren't any better than ours. Stewards, ill grant you, ours are notoriously bad. Bars: come early in small groups and you'll be welcomed in the club bar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    Which to be honest is pretty Crap,yes I know we playing crap at the moment but that's embarrassing ,
    Not a lot better for Mansfield they only sold around 5000
    We don't have anywhere near as big a fan base to draw on as you, but 5500 home fans is about 1500 up from our average. When we play you at ML we bring our home average. I know it's a 'day out in the big city' and all that, but it's still mightily impressive. Anyway let's not use our attendance stats to deflect at all from what is an extremely disappointing turnout by you lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    We don't have anywhere near as big a fan base to draw on as you, but 5500 home fans is about 1500 up from our average. When we play you at ML we bring our home average. I know it's a 'day out in the big city' and all that, but it's still mightily impressive. Anyway let's not use our attendance stats to deflect at all from what is an extremely disappointing turnout by you lot.
    When you play us at ML you bring more than your home average. Your home average is just over 4000, including away fans. There must be plenty of people who come to that game but don't bother going when you're at home. If you want to criticise our away following, maybe you should take a look at your home following first.

And a word on fan bases / catchment areas. Yes, Mansfield is a town of 100,000, and Nottingham is a city of half a million. But we're competing with a club that averages 25,000 at home, literally a couple of hundred metres away. The quality of football on offer over there is incomparable - way better plays, way more money, way better facilities, way more impressive history. Considering we've been in terminal decline for years, I'd say it's bloody incredible that we still get fairly decent gates. Anyway, if you factor in the average attendances of Notts and Forest (over 30,000), you'll find that it's a larger percentage of the cities population than what you get.

Also, it's worth noting that away fans are mostly young men who want a day out with their mates, a few beers, and a bit of a laugh. That's why you take so many fans to Meadow Lane - it's a big day out for the young lads from your town, whether they are regular fans or not. We have a slightly older fan base than most clubs, simply because most youngsters want to go and watch the best team in town, and unless they have some family tie to Notts, why would they bother watching us? Mansfield away at Notts is like a rallying cry for all young men to go out on the lash in the city. It just isn't the same when we play you in Mansfield.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 08-12-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12