+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Board update

Board update

Another excellent update from Palmerston

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4233?fbcli...Y6PTo_jTpTxNpc

Just out of curiosity who would be interested in contributing to the Fighting Fund if we can get it set up ?

Personally think it’s something we need to do if we’re to continue to compete against clubs with bigger fan bases.

Glad to see an update from the Board of Directors. Talk of a fighting fund seems a decent enough idea...

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Just out of curiosity who would be interested in contributing to the Fighting Fund if we can get it set up ?

Personally think it’s something we need to do if we’re to continue to compete against clubs with bigger fan bases.
    Firstly , I'm delighted that the club has officially recognised the young team as an important part of matchday at Palmerston . Indeed , they are the future of our club when us old sods are on the way out .------Isn't it great that the club have attracted the BBC to the Arena and with hopes of other businesses coming in . This income so important with attendances being what they are . ----------lnteresting to note about a fighting fund . I'd be prepared to chip in for that .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 07-12-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Yeah I would definitely contribute to that

A simple question: I already subscribe to the lottery. Which, in folks’ opinion would be best for the club between that and a proposed Fighting Fund? Can’t afford both. I know the FF isn’t a reality yet but would be inerested to hear people’s views.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    A simple question: I already subscribe to the lottery. Which, in folks’ opinion would be best for the club between that and a proposed Fighting Fund? Can’t afford both. I know the FF isn’t a reality yet but would be inerested to hear people’s views.
    This is a difficult one as I also subscribe to the club's lottery so is that money simply used for the running of the club with some of that being made available to the manager for players? I guess so whereas the fighting fund will be exclusively for players and if that is the case then I will probably give up the lottery in favour of the FF which in turn will hurt the overall funding of the club. A difficult choice to make or do I contribute to both which may be difficult when I retire shortly and funds will be so much tighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    This is a difficult one as I also subscribe to the club's lottery so is that money simply used for the running of the club with some of that being made available to the manager for players? I guess so whereas the fighting fund will be exclusively for players and if that is the case then I will probably give up the lottery in favour of the FF which in turn will hurt the overall funding of the club. A difficult choice to make or do I contribute to both which may be difficult when I retire shortly and funds will be so much tighter?

It’s something we’ve discussed and can completely understand where you’re coming from. Fans can either afford none , one or both. The prize draw funds go towards the day to day running of the club but the Fighting Fund will be extra funds the manager can use on top of his transfer kitty. His transfer budget will not be effected.
    My personal thoughts are it works well at other clubs so why can’t it work here ? It’s also an ideal opportunity for Queens fans who don’t stay local anymore & can’t get to many games to put something back into the club if they don’t already do so.

There’s still a few meetings to be had before it’s goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    That will be up to the individual mate. The prize draw may well be effected by this but we’ll not really know until it’s tried out. It’ll be a difficult decision to make for some.
    If we’re to keep on competing with the bigger supported clubs then we need to do something IMO. If only our crowds were bigger

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)