+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millers Memoirs... Sheffield Wednesday

Millers Memoirs... Sheffield Wednesday

Everyone has a story from a past encounter at Hillsborough. I shall try to describe my favourite moment - Darren Garner's outrageous injury time winner.
    The previous season's encounter saw the Millers come away from Swine Cottage with a last minute Richie Barker winner sending over 6000 Millers fans on the dilapidated Leppings Lane end into raptures but lightning does not strike twice.
    Cue the 90th minute, August 24th 2002. The ball comes to Darren Byfield around 30 yards out, he lays it off to Darren Garner 35 yards out, he hits it first time.
    What a nobhead, hitting it from there. It's flying over, it's going wide, it's in! Yes, it's in!
    thousands of Wednesday fans stream to the exits and the Rotherham Owls quickly fold up their filthy rag.
    We've done them again! Lightning did indeed strike twice.

We would have had that game wrapped up long before the 90th minute were it not for a string of Kevin Pressman worldies.

Something similar would be nice tomorrow

Went to the "Joe McBride" game, which led to a terrace song that was still being sung many years afterwards. Also
    League cup game when Frank Casper scored the winner with a long shot in the last few minutes, in the pouring rain, was good too. Think that it was a free kick.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Went to the "Joe McBride" game, which led to a terrace song that was still being sung many years afterwards. Also
    League cup game when Frank Casper scored the winner with a long shot in the last few minutes, in the pouring rain, was good too
    That’s one of my favs Mike the JMcB one, Bob Boulder complaining about the divot and going to work the next day at Firth Brown with my head held high

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Everyone has a story from a past encounter at Hillsborough. I shall try to describe my favourite moment - Darren Garner's outrageous injury time winner.
    The previous season's encounter saw the Millers come away from Swine Cottage with a last minute Richie Barker winner sending over 6000 Millers fans on the dilapidated Leppings Lane end into raptures but lightning does not strike twice.
    Cue the 90th minute, August 24th 2002. The ball comes to Darren Byfield around 30 yards out, he lays it off to Darren Garner 35 yards out, he hits it first time.
    What a nobhead, hitting it from there. It's flying over, it's going wide, it's in! Yes, it's in!
    thousands of Wednesday fans stream to the exits and the Rotherham Owls quickly fold up their filthy rag.
    We've done them again! Lightning did indeed strike twice.

We would have had that game wrapped up long before the 90th minute were it not for a string of Kevin Pressman worldies.

Something similar would be nice tomorrow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTua5p3kLOQ

It never gets old does it? You were right about Pressman keeping them in the game though, should have won that 5-1