+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We really missed Cosgrove today.
    You won't have long to wait to see him again based on McInnes post match interview

Would not surprise me one bit to see both Gleason and Forrester starting on Tuesday, as DM's search for his preferred starting 11 continues, coupled with the fixture congestion this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Would not surprise me one bit to see both Gleason and Forrester starting on Tuesday, as DM's search for his preferred starting 11 continues, coupled with the fixture congestion this month.
    Can't see it myself. Livi are a physical team so would imagine McInnes will put out as physical a team as possible to match them (why for once can't we just pick a team to suit us and let the opposition worry about us for a change). That almost certainly means that Cosgrove starts and Ball retains his place in the team.

There’s no need to worry about a team that carries no threat apart from at set pieces just look at the centre of the park not one footballer amongst them apart from a 19 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Can't see it myself. Livi are a physical team so would imagine McInnes will put out as physical a team as possible to match them (why for once can't we just pick a team to suit us and let the opposition worry about us for a change). That almost certainly means that Cosgrove starts and Ball retains his place in the team.
    McInnes is from the school of Craig Brown coaching,first and foremost worry about the opposition.

As poor as May has been it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to another team and starts scoring on a regular basis.

Greg Stewart has 7 goals and 4 assists in 12 games for Kilmarnock, I suggested that we didn’t play him to his strengths like Kilmarnock have and someone told me that players should be coming here to fit into our system instead of us playing to the players that we have strengths.

Unfortunately we don’t have enough money to buy quality players who can easily adapt to the way we play,which at our best under McInnes was always get the ball out to the wingers quickly so they can put the ball into the box for Rooney to score.

Mays not that type of striker and Stewart definitely wasn’t that type of winger.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The post match will go along the lines of...
    “Am no gonnae be too hard on the players.
    There wiz a lackey intensity wae the two really hard games this last week.
    We’ll rest them up & go again in midweek”...
    Almost word for word spot on. All too sadly predictable RST:

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes: "I thought, first half, we had the better of the game but in the second half, the physical exertions of the last two games in Glasgow against the Old Firm started to take its toll and we started to look leggy and lacked intensity.

"I think that's understandable for a lot of them, but I was looking for more from those who didn't start those two games to give us a spark and help the team out."

If it’s “understandable” why didn’t you change the team more and rest a few?

No squad depth? Dinna trust the others? Well that’s on you too.

It’s a f’ucking s’hite excuse anyway - just f’uck off with that pish Del min eh!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes: "I thought, first half, we had the better of the game but in the second half, the physical exertions of the last two games in Glasgow against the Old Firm started to take its toll and we started to look leggy and lacked intensity.

"I think that's understandable for a lot of them, but I was looking for more from those who didn't start those two games to give us a spark and help the team out."

h!
    We go again though eh Derek min. Beat livi and today will be erradicated from some memories

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

If it’s “understandable” why didn’t you change the team more and rest a few?

No squad depth? Dinna trust the others? Well that’s on you too.

It’s a f’ucking s’hite excuse anyway - just f’uck off with that pish Del min eh!
    It was very predictable.
    The thing is, didn’t St Johnstone have two games too?

Not as if we can massively change the team.
    McGinn & Cosgrove will come in.
    I have a feeling Gleeson might come in.
    If GMS is fit (doubtful) he’ll be in.

Lewis
    Logan Considine McKenna Lowe
    Gleeson Shinnie
    McGinn Ferguson McLennan
    Cosgrove

More attritional stuff.
    Livi defend very well & are a set piece team.
    Sounds like us...

I'll be having a close look at Livi's price midweek.

I reckoned we'd draw today so I'm nae a great tipster, but I dinna see us beating Lego-ferranti midweek.

I despise DM excuses in his post mortem interviews! There as depressing as he looks and talks!! It'll be a fight for top six or 4th place. Basically it's the worsed team we've had since 2011 FACT

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast