+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Have they faired "so poorly" though?
    Yes, 3 points out of 15 and a Scottish Cup defeat albeit on pens would qualify as "poor" I think

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Wow, just wow!! Yesterday it was anyone but McInnes (including AFC mad). What have I missed? You have been 100% consistent in your views on McInnes right from before he was recruited. What is it about Lennon that puts him below Derek?
    Apart from generally being a d1ck, there was that incident at Tynecastle when he straight up lied about the Aberdeen support, to play the victim again. He can f*ck right off

Derek McSecond has many, many faults but I don’t think he’d stoop to that

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    A very good point.
    I doubt anyone called Fergie a bottler for failing to get better results in these games, despite a significantly lower budget of the opposition.
    Similarly, you wonder what value there is pointing out that Killie have gained 9 points out of 15 against Celtic, when they have fared so poorly against Aberdeen / McInnes.
    Morton 100% were a bogey team for us considering their budget, however, more often than not we would beat Selllick or Rainjurs in a couple of weeks time that had similar/smaller budgets than us during the Donald/Fergie era........the Milne/whoever era is a different thing altogether.

Need to win the morn though.

SF

Just because we were happy with Stevie May signing doesn't mean that McInnes is exempt from criticism. Maybe he can't get the best out of him?
    Maybe? else maybe he's just not been able to recapture his pre-injury form.
    Unfortunately its a market we have had to dabble in to get proven SPL quality players within our budget.

Bringing up Marquis is an excuse as well. We sold Rooney after he told us to piss off. So what's the script there then? Absolutely no plan B or C? Rooney wouldn't have left if he was playing for us but that's another arguement.
    Wilson obviously was at least plan B.
    Regardless that it hasn't worked out, you can't say there were not other avenues explored, possibly some we are not aware of either.

J
    There's been plenty on here that have been talking about McGinn playing the number 10 for a very long time.
    We agree on something then.
    He offers very little on the wings nowadays

J
    Stop gaps seems to be a common feature with him as well. That would be ok if he managed to deal with them long term as well.
    We don't have the finances of a Man City or the likes.
    We have a limited budget and by all accounts are utilising it.
    It means that we need to manage who we sign (Ferguson, GMS, May, McLean etc all spent money on) and who we then plug with stop gaps.

J
    We all knew we were short on creative players except Mcinnes by the looks of it.
    Again harsh. McInnes recognised that it would be tough to replace McLean.
    Some in here didn't rate him.
    McInnes went for Forrester (again paid a fee) and again unfortunately so far has not worked out.

I can accept the McInness has tried to bring in replacements and potentially blamed at him, there are a number that have not worked out (Wilson, May, Forrester, Gleeson, Tansay).
    Some have (Ferguson, Lowe, Lewis, Devlin)

Our challenge is to get a better success rate with the replacments, within the budget we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Maybe something to do with Celtic actually attack whilst dereks team is simply set up to defend. Didn’t his team play us off the park a couple weeks ago
    Are you referring to our 2-1 victory down at their ground?

Or maybe going back to their first win in about 18 against us where : -
    1) Devlin was wrongly sent off in the 4th minute
    2) Handball by their right back in the run up to the free kick for their first

I was confident,Aberdeen would keep up the success against Kilmarnock but that was blown wide open by the Craig Thomson Show in the 4th minute

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Apart from generally being a d1ck, there was that incident at Tynecastle when he straight up lied about the Aberdeen support, to play the victim again. He can f*ck right off

Derek McSecond has many, many faults but I don’t think he’d stoop to that
    Oh yes I had forgotten about the fake spitting claims. On a similar vein where would you rank him alongside McGhee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

Need to win the morn though.
    To be fair, we needed to win on Saturday.
    Theres very little point (other than emotional) in beating SevCo midweek at their ground, only to lose to St Johnstone at home at the weekend.

McGhee is clearly an @rse but very few people have contributed more to AFC than him. I try to seperate the man from his work & try to ignore the management side of that.

compartmentalized the man in my brain to just crossing to Hewitt...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Maybe? else maybe he's just not been able to recapture his pre-injury form.
    Unfortunately its a market we have had to dabble in to get proven SPL quality players within our budget.

Wilson obviously was at least plan B.
    Regardless that it hasn't worked out, you can't say there were not other avenues explored, possibly some we are not aware of either.

We agree on something then.
    He offers very little on the wings nowadays

We don't have the finances of a Man City or the likes.
    We have a limited budget and by all accounts are utilising it.
    It means that we need to manage who we sign (Ferguson, GMS, May, McLean etc all spent money on) and who we then plug with stop gaps.

Again harsh. McInnes recognised that it would be tough to replace McLean.
    Some in here didn't rate him.
    McInnes went for Forrester (again paid a fee) and again unfortunately so far has not worked out.

I can accept the McInness has tried to bring in replacements and potentially blamed at him, there are a number that have not worked out (Wilson, May, Forrester, Gleeson, Tansay).
    Some have (Ferguson, Lowe, Lewis, Devlin)

Our challenge is to get a better success rate with the replacments, within the budget we have.
    That's all excuses, the excuse tombola gets rolled out every opportunity. We don't have the budget that St Johnstone or Kilmarnock do either. If we lose it's the ref to blame, the foul count, the budget, the length of the grass, the penguins choking on plastic.

Kenny Miller has scored the same amount of goals as May, Cosgrove, Wilson and Anderson this season.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 10-12-2018 at 11:05 AM.

That's all excuses. We don't have the budget that St Johnstone or Kilmarnock do either.

Kenny Miller has scored the same amount of goals as May, Cosgrove, Wilson and Anderson this season.
    Exactly budget is only ever used if it’s a team with one bigger than ours

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast