+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

The excuse tombola used to roll out with "they are a bunch of hammer throwers". Can't say that now. We play ultra defensive and still lose and DM is a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I wouldn’t want the more successful Tommy Wright as manager but i saw a post on Twitter making a very valid point. Dels fluffers hate him because of his style of football. We’re not exactly Brazil ‘82
    Our style of play is phucking sh!te...

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Dereks fans will point out that Brazil 82 didn’t manage to finish 2nd though. I must have also missed all this great football that dereks fans have seen us play as any time I’ve watched us we’ve been long ball merchants
    We are utterly brutal to watch this season, but over his time here we have played some good football, particularly back when Hayes/McGinn were on top form - we weren't a long ball team back then.

But as they say in American sport "what have you done for me lately?". So whilst I disagree with your memory you are 100% spot on with our current playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We are utterly brutal to watch this season, but over his time here we have played some good football, particularly back when Hayes/McGinn were on top form - we weren't a long ball team back then.

But as they say in American sport "what have you done for me lately?". So whilst I disagree with your memory you are 100% spot on with our current playing style.
    Not sure,we played terrible football at times with Hayes and McGinn in the team.The difference was we had Rooney who would score the winner even when we were shyte.

Why McInnes thinks if we have a striker who can hold the ball up or runs the channels or works hard over a striker who can actually score goals is going to win us more games is beyond me.

It’s because he’s a f*cking idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

The striker problem should have been sorted out the season before last, and it was obvious last season that the firepower wasn't there. Ship out May et al. in January. McInnes is too soft.

Just got in from Schipol, have I missed much ?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure,we played terrible football at times with Hayes and McGinn in the team.The difference was we had Rooney who would score the winner even when we were shyte.

Why McInnes thinks if we have a striker who can hold the ball up or runs the channels or works hard over a striker who can actually score goals is going to win us more games is beyond me.
    You won't get me disagreeing with you on your striker point. However on our playing style earlier in the McInnes era, for sure we were terrible at times (as all teams are) but it's not fair to say we didn't play good football many times as we certainly did. I used to look forward to going to watch us play, now it feels just like a chore

We really missed Cosgrove today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s because he’s a f*cking idiot
    Sadly that's not his worst feature. His stubbornness to dump players he has signed when it patently will never work is worse than any IQ inadequacy

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast