+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

Shearer was slow, crap out left & useless at chasing down the ball in the channels. How this team could use a Darren Mackie now

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Less than a dozen!?

Did you & afc1903mad have the same maths teacher? You both seem to have trouble counting to twelve
    Poor, poor WUM Troll attempt.
    You might have had a better opportunity if you had actually seen the game.

Well I did see the game, I wish I hadn't.

I can accept getting beat by St Johnstone, even if it hurts at the time.
    If I want a competitive exciting Scottish league then I must accept defeat.

I'm not going to continue accepting being bored out of my mind though.

It's almost as boring now as during the Calderwood years.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

I agree with your post.
    I'm sure you'll agree we are missing a creative influence on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

It's been boring for a while. He's never really built anything. He was lucky with Hayes and McGinn. GMS has been good but I can't see him sticking around. So we will likely start next season without anyone exciting to watch.

The players he's signing reminds me of Calderwood, running out of ideas.

Shelf life.

We need a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'm getting to the thread late today so I see the conversation is moving on apace. Anyway here's my tuppenceworth on the topics du jour

According to both BBC and AFC live commentaries St J committed 12 fouls. I understand why AFCMAD thinks there might have been more than 12 as it certainly felt more but probably because most of the 12 were of the frustrating cynical kind. Anyway even if it was more than 12 if we had a decent team with an ability to be creative it wouldn't have mattered - do you think that celtic would have been as toothless at home to St J as we were?
    It was definitely more than 12.
    I'm quite busy at the moment, but I'll even be prepared to re-watch the game on RedTv in a few days to count the fouls and put this to bed.

I reiterate though, its not an excuse and we badly need to step up to the plate and compete more in these type of games.

I didn't like Ferguson when he was played left midfield, which he was at the start of the game. I'm also not convinced he is a no 10. We need to figure out a way to get more out of him in these home games against supposed weaker teams as we are currently not doing that
    I agree it was not very effective, but it was an interesting and new tactic.
    The formation was 4-4-1-1 with Wright inthe hole behind May.
    The team had obviously worked on Ferguson driving diagonally forward from the left, creating space for Lowe down the wing.

Occasionally, they switched it, putting McLennan on the left and the rest of the midfield shuffling across, but this didn't work either.
    Despite Logan getting loads of space on the right, he never once got to the byeline for a cut back / cross.
    Indeed, I'm struggling to recall when Logan last hit the byeline.

St J had a down season last year but their performance yesterday was no better/worse than in the seasons prior to that. They know what they are and are very effective in what they do. No thank ou to Tommy Wright. If we need a new manager at any time it is Steve Clarke for me
    I think Steve Clarke has done wonders at Kilmarnock.
    He has a relationship there that I doubt would see him leave Kilmarnock for Aberdeen, but you never know.
    I heard that before the weekends game, Killie had over the last 38 league games, accumulated just 3 points less than Celtic.
    Fantastic on their budget.

I doubt even Clarke would get leeway in here though after getting humped 5-1.
    He'd be a bottler, tombola machine merchant or whatever meme is the current flavour of the month.

Steve Clarke is paid from out with the club's budget according to what I heard.

I'd imagine he would get leeway if he amassed those points. He's got 9 points out of 15 against Brenda apparently.

The important part though is, his very limited budget. He's playing Kirk Broadfoot ffs.

Imagine what he could do with us?

First person that writes...McIness has a better record against Clarke wins a coconut.

. If we need a new manager at any time it is Steve Clarke for me
    OK, I will put my tin hat now on and run for cover, personally for our next / new manager (and god alone fkn knows we need one) I think we could do a lot worse than to have a chat with Neil Lennon

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's been boring for a while. He's never really built anything. He was lucky with Hayes and McGinn. GMS has been good but I can't see him sticking around. So we will likely start next season without anyone exciting to watch.

The players he's signing reminds me of Calderwood, running out of ideas.

Shelf life.

We need a reboot.
    I don't believe his signings are as bad as the latter Calderwood era.
    I do agree that the signings have not fulfilled their potential or our expectations.

We pretty much all were happy to get Stevie May, but that has not returned on our expectations.
    Wilson was a stop gap, aimed to cover the fact we didn't get Marquis or replace Rooney. Again, much more was expected but did not materialise.
    McGinn was proven and again I recall many wanting him back, but he is not the same as he used to be. The good shout would be to try him in the no10 role as Wright is not cutting it there.

there are many players which are in our team which have been successful

Shinnie
    GMS (I think more consistent this year than last, possibly more settled)
    Ferguson
    Devlin
    Lewis (No arguments this is a better keeper than signed in the Calderwood era)

McLean was an excellent signing whom we badly miss
    Maddison / Christie were good stop gaps looking for that different creativity options through the middle to counter our single strategy down the wings from Hayes / McGinn.

We need to change some players, but if we can find someone more creative, we will make huge progress as defensively we seem stronger this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    First person that writes...McIness has a better record against Clarke wins a coconut.
    Out of interest, why do you think Clarke can get more out of the Celtic games than he can against us?

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast