+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    OK, I will put my tin hat now on and run for cover, personally for our next / new manager (and god alone fkn knows we need one) I think we could do a lot worse than to have a chat with Neil Lennon

SF
    Not for me.
    Remember, many in here was saying that he had recruited far better than us, yet they've just won their first game in 8 and are below us in the table (also played a game more), despite our poor year in the league so far.
    They're next 5 games are include SevCo twice, Celtic and Hearts, so it'll be interesting to see how they fair and where they are after that.

Id rather keep McWinless than hire Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Out of interest, why do you think Clarke can get more out of the Celtic games than he can against us?
    Maybe something to do with Celtic actually attack whilst dereks team is simply set up to defend. Didn’t his team play us off the park a couple weeks ago

Out of interest, why do you think Clarke can get more out of the Celtic games than he can against us?

Some teams' set up/playing style just lends itself to doing well against certain other sides than it does others. In the early Fergie years Morton were considered our "bogey" side........a team with a fraction of our budget yet seemed to beat us as often as we beat them

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    Some teams' set up/playing style just lends itself to doing well against certain other sides than it does others. In the early Fergie years Morton were considered our "bogey" side........a team with a fraction of our budget yet seemed to beat us as often as we beat them
    A very good point.
    I doubt anyone called Fergie a bottler for failing to get better results in these games, despite a significantly lower budget of the opposition.
    Similarly, you wonder what value there is pointing out that Killie have gained 9 points out of 15 against Celtic, when they have faired so poorly against Aberdeen / McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    A very good point.
    I doubt anyone called Fergie a bottler for failing to get better results in these games, despite a significantly lower budget of the opposition.
    Similarly, you wonder what value there is pointing out that Killie have gained 9 points out of 15 against Celtic, when they have fared so poorly against Aberdeen / McInnes.

I don't believe his signings are as bad as the latter Calderwood era.
    I do agree that the signings have not fulfilled their potential or our expectations.

We pretty much all were happy to get Stevie May, but that has not returned on our expectations.
    Wilson was a stop gap, aimed to cover the fact we didn't get Marquis or replace Rooney. Again, much more was expected but did not materialise.
    McGinn was proven and again I recall many wanting him back, but he is not the same as he used to be. The good shout would be to try him in the no10 role as Wright is not cutting it there.

there are many players which are in our team which have been successful

Shinnie
    GMS (I think more consistent this year than last, possibly more settled)
    Ferguson
    Devlin
    Lewis (No arguments this is a better keeper than signed in the Calderwood era)

McLean was an excellent signing whom we badly miss
    Maddison / Christie were good stop gaps looking for that different creativity options through the middle to counter our single strategy down the wings from Hayes / McGinn.

We need to change some players, but if we can find someone more creative, we will make huge progress as defensively we seem stronger this year too.
    Just because we were happy with Stevie May signing doesn't mean that McInnes is exempt from criticism. Maybe he can't get the best out of him?

Bringing up Marquis is an excuse as well. We sold Rooney after he told us to piss off. So what's the script there then? Absolutely no plan B or C? Rooney wouldn't have left if he was playing for us but that's another arguement.

There's been plenty on here that have been talking about McGinn playing the number 10 for a very long time.

Stop gaps seems to be a common feature with him as well. That would be ok if he managed to deal with them long term as well.

We all knew we were short on creative players except Mcinnes by the looks of it.

A very good point.
    Similarly, you wonder what value there is pointing out that Killie have gained 9 points out of 15 against Celtic, when they have faired so poorly against Aberdeen / McInnes.
    Have they faired "so poorly" though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Id rather keep McWinless than hire Lennon
    Wow, just wow!! Yesterday it was anyone but McInnes (including AFC mad). What have I missed? You have been 100% consistent in your views on McInnes right from before he was recruited. What is it about Lennon that puts him below Derek?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Have they faired "so poorly" though?
    Yes.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast