+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC v Farmers

I'm getting to the thread late today so I see the conversation is moving on apace. Anyway here's my tuppenceworth on the topics du jour

According to both BBC and AFC live commentaries St J committed 12 fouls. I understand why AFCMAD thinks there might have been more than 12 as it certainly felt more but probably because most of the 12 were of the frustrating cynical kind. Anyway even if it was more than 12 if we had a decent team with an ability to be creative it wouldn't have mattered - do you think that celtic would have been as toothless at home to St J as we were?

I didn't like Ferguson when he was played left midfield, which he was at the start of the game. I'm also not convinced he is a no 10. We need to figure out a way to get more out of him in these home games against supposed weaker teams as we are currently not doing that

St J had a down season last year but their performance yesterday was no better/worse than in the seasons prior to that. They know what they are and are very effective in what they do. No thank ou to Tommy Wright. If we need a new manager at any time it is Steve Clarke for me

Don't worry about Stenny - even with our limited ability to score goals we are not losing that one

I suspect the Nazis gave away more than 12 fouls but have no direct evidence to support my claim.

For fear of taking the conversation completely off the rails. I see that Oliver Burke may go out on loan in January. Given our good relationship with WBA, what are the chances of getting him in on loan? Him on one wing and GMS on the other?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Kenny Miller wasn’t playing that day,he was on loan at them in 98.

Not sure if it was a far better team either considering they finished 2nd bottom ,the team the couple of seasons before was good but Miller @rsed about with it and signed dross like Inglis,Hetherston,McKinnon and Woodthorpe.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...5&squad=Senior
    If we were to get beat by them I don't think it would be the same kind of reaction as it was the last time. That was a big deal back then. Even if we are much better now.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 09-12-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Really wish I shared your confidence pac
    Remember this: STENHOUSEMUIR 2 ABERDEEN 0: 4th-round, 19 February 1995
    A dubby Ochilview when battling relegation is a hell of a lot different to Pittodrie when we are "nae sh@te anymore"

Since it is very obvious that we are struggling in the final 3rd of the pitch and generally devoid of testing opposition goalkeepers on a very regular basis I have a question for you all....

If McInnes doesn’t fix this problem during the January transfer window and for example signs more defensive players do we accept he isn’t up to it so we then try and force him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    A dubby Ochilview when battling relegation is a hell of a lot different to Pittodrie when we are "nae sh@te anymore"
    Isn't just a magic feel good feeling and buzz to "nae be sh1te anymore"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If we were to get beat by them I don't think it would be the same kind of reaction as it was the last time. That was a big deal back then. Even if we are much better now.
    That’s because it wasn’t the last time we got beat from lower league opposition.

We used to get knocked out of cups by lower league teams on a regular basis.

Stenhousmuir wasn’t even the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s because it wasn’t the last time we got beat from lower league opposition.

We used to get knocked out of cups by lower league teams on a regular basis.

Stenhousmuir wasn’t even the worst one.
    I know.

Looking at that team, there's some decent players there that we could use now. Wright in central midfield and Jess and Shearer vying for the left wing role.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since it is very obvious that we are struggling in the final 3rd of the pitch and generally devoid of testing opposition goalkeepers on a very regular basis I have a question for you all....

If McInnes doesn’t fix this problem during the January transfer window and for example signs more defensive players do we accept he isn’t up to it so we then try and force him out?
    Fit like pal?
    Simple answer to your question from me is YES !!!
    Its clear already that he is not up to it mate, but sadly way too many of our supporters appear to be satisfied with as pac says "nae being sh1te anymore"

Bocht masel a new magnet at the weekend pal, it's replicates camel sh1t, thought it was an appropriate replacement for the dons one and a reminder of how consistently sh1te we have been performing all season

SF

Considine was honking and then was 110% His fault for the goal. As I said worsed team we've had in 8 years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    If only we knew someone who could tell us the odds on him posting another post about durrant
    I don’t gamble too much now, odds wise........I reckon I’ve mentioned wee bigot prick less than a dozen times tbh, anyway, when a phannie sets in stone how high he holds a wee bigot prick on here or indeed someone compares our present coach with Jimmy Saville it does not matter one jot if it is a single post or 256th.......those are the salient facts.

I’m just content being a happy dandy and not working.

SF

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast