+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albion v Vile team news matchthread

My first match of the season in the flesh.

My,my…..what an average side we are,anyone thinking this side is going up needs to give their own head a wobble.

Flat footed in centre of defence with young Tosin the best of a very suspect bunch.

Hegazy is as bad as i remembered!

No pace in midfield and a player in Phillips who can no longer go past his man to get a cross in.

J Rod pushed out too wide and too much of a luxury in this division.

We desperately need a proper centre forward like Chris Wood for Gayle to play off.

Tosin,Barnes and Gayle are the stand out players for me.

I don't see this side under this manager reaching the play offs.

Villa look like a proper side to me know and i think they'll go up automatically,they play with style and with a good structure…..i think we missed a trick with Dean Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My first match of the season in the flesh.

My,my…..what an average side we are,anyone thinking this side is going up needs to give their own head a wobble.

Flat footed in centre of defence with young Tosin the best of a very suspect bunch.

Hegazy is as bad as i remembered!

No pace in midfield and a player in Phillips who can no longer go past his man to get a cross in.

J Rod pushed out too wide and too much of a luxury in this division.

We desperately need a proper centre forward like Chris Wood for Gayle to play off.

Tosin,Barnes and Gayle are the stand out players for me.

I don't see this side under this manager reaching the play offs.

Villa look like a proper side to me know and i think they'll go up automatically,they play with style and with a good structure…..i think we missed a trick with Dean Smith.
    Absolutely bang on Mickd, villa have a structure to their side we have 3 or 4 players at best , you CAN'T have one guy in charge of the forward & another in charge ot the defence like we do , & yes big D looks after the defence its not working goals conceded every game get RID we aint going up playing like this , Abrahams should have had 5 on is own last nite 😱 , im so glad we got the rub of green at the end of coures i am , but we were second best all nite , they are not the finished article by along way but their better than us , thank f**k we have Barnes class the lad is , its not all doom & gloom we can & still have time to do something about it with the window opening soon but will we NO is guess .

Villa could/should have won comfortably. But they didn’t. Many of their fans will no doubt feel very disappointed. Then there are those of the more rabid nature who will be thoroughly piŁŁed off, if not foaming at the mouth. Tough innit.

The difference between the teams was blatantly obvious last and that was pace. Villa had both pace and playmakers in the middle of the park whereas we had carthorses. In reality we may just about hang on to the coat tails of the play off bunch but I think it will be touch and go. We definitely missed a trick in not getting Dean Smith when we had the chance. A trip to the January sales is a priority now if we hope to maintain our current ambitions to get back to the Premiership next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Absolutely bang on Mickd, villa have a structure to their side we have 3 or 4 players at best , you CAN'T have one guy in charge of the forward & another in charge ot the defence like we do , & yes big D looks after the defence its not working goals conceded every game get RID we aint going up playing like this , Abrahams should have had 5 on is own last nite �� , im so glad we got the rub of green at the end of coures i am , but we were second best all nite , they are not the finished article by along way but their better than us , thank f**k we have Barnes class the lad is , its not all doom & gloom we can & still have time to do something about it with the window opening soon but will we NO is guess .
    Is the problem with our head coach or the squad he has got? i think it's a bit of both the lack of mobility in midfield is the real problem we don't protect the back 4 well enough i'm also not very hopeful with the Jenkins back in charge that we will bring in the, midfielder, Right back and striker we need.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    The difference between the teams was blatantly obvious last and that was pace. Villa had both pace and playmakers in the middle of the park whereas we had carthorses. In reality we may just about hang on to the coat tails of the play off bunch but I think it will be touch and go. We definitely missed a trick in not getting Dean Smith when we had the chance. A trip to the January sales is a priority now if we hope to maintain our current ambitions to get back to the Premiership next season.
    Carthorses in midfield? I must have watched a different Gareth Barry last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Carthorses in midfield? I must have watched a different Gareth Barry last night.
    Best player on the pitch for me, made it look that easy he could of played in his slippers .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Best player on the pitch for me, made it look that easy he could of played in his slippers .
    Barry was massive for us last nite , only one time where he lost his marker where the ball bounced the back of him & they broke clear .

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Is the problem with our head coach or the squad he has got? i think it's a bit of both the lack of mobility in midfield is the real problem we don't protect the back 4 well enough i'm also not very hopeful with the Jenkins back in charge that we will bring in the, midfielder, Right back and striker we need.
    Hi salt.... have to agree its a bit of both but one massive thing for me is how on earth can we have 1 guy in charge of defence & another in charge of attack never going to work .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Absolute class first half.
    Didn't think they offered much til we was pushing for the second equaliser. Two long range shots. One a flukey deflection, one a worldey.
    We should have switched Barnes second half when Hutton went to left back. Livermore should have come off earlier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)