+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Barnsley FA Cup

Burnley v Barnsley FA Cup

Kicks off at 12.30pm , chosen to be screened live overseas apparently is the reason .

Good news is tickets are £10 .

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...urnley-fa-cup/

A tenner for Burnley fans and 15 for them from the dark side .lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A tenner for Burnley fans and 15 for them from the dark side .lol
    Ohh does that mean Darth Vader is going to the match Alf ?.
    (because hes also from the dark side of course!)

Absolutely no time to be kicking off an FA cup game , complete b@llax .

Away games are a day out , on the beer for a few hours , match and stay out till you've had your fill .

The best craic is pre match in the pubs , early kick offs take half the day away , possibly more .

Just my opinion guys .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Away games are a day out , on the beer for a few hours , match and stay out till you've had your fill .
    The best craic is pre match in the pubs , early kick offs take half the day away , possibly more . Just my opinion guys .
    Could we refuse them though, or do we have any choice in the matter when it comes to changing kick off times for tv or for policing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Could we refuse them though, or do we have any choice in the matter when it comes to changing kick off times for tv or for policing etc.
    Who are "them" Acido ?

If we are chosen fo global coverage who iz behind this ? Not the lads who will evvto set off on cooachez at 10-00 am, be herded into grarnd and be back by 4-00 pm.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-12-2018 at 06:00 PM.

TBF lads the FA cup is a joke and has been since The Muncs refused to play in it so they could play in a stupid world club challenge .. I personally couldn't give a damn whether we win or lose nowadays .. Teams just show their lack of respect for it by fielding their fringe players..

looks like its on sportsnet Canada

Again, a reason to stay away until at least the quarter Final. LOL.
    And why not?
    I’m not stating that me and missis are Super fans or owt, but we have Missed two away games Shrewsbury, and Charlton ( other than Cups), both me and her are Season ticket holders. Rest of away games we’ve been to.
    The cost is Not only ticket, travel and acomodation ....and beer money, but dog in sitters at £30 a day/ night for all away games.
    Magic of the cup isnt what it was. Till semi, or a good tie away and home against a big team....
    So tell me this......
    why would I spend to do the cup when it’s pimped by its own organisers, and them add to the already growing financial cost, when we can just use the season tickets to get tickets later....(which is our right to do so as season ticket holders....).
    Animal, you had the best idea I’ve heard for a long time... tag on to the season ticket the first few rounds of the cup (if at home) amd try to re kindle the desire to go....... it may work....
    Because without something like this.... The cup dies till round 5......
    Maybe the problem is that the “apathy” of the big clubs has devalued it for all of us...., Because, I for one, and I’ll admit it... Cant be bothered till we draw a big club, or the semis.

What about this then to liven it up.
    Everyone in round 3, is drawn from 2 pots...... top 32. Bottom 32.
    Every team in bottom 32, guaranteed a top 32 team.
    And same again in the round of 16. ...

May liven it up a bit.....( at the moment little xxxxx.utd from 13 leagues down gets little xxxxxx.city ). (ie Exeter). from 9 leagues down in the third round.... what a reward for 8 or nine matches to get there!!!!.....).... and then gets knocked out,

At round 5, it’s a knockout.

Just an idea to liven up a dead competition

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

The best craic is pre match in the pubs , early kick offs take half the day away , possibly more .

Just my opinion guys .
    That's correct , a few pre match drinks helps wi atmosphere !! Allways a few that spoyl it evvin too much to drink, a few of us are stopping off at Skelmanthorpe and Clayton West on the way home , some decent pubs art that way , gerroam abart 10 at neet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast