+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley v Barnsley FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That's correct , a few pre match drinks helps wi atmosphere !! Allways a few that spoyl it evvin too much to drink, a few of us are stopping off at Skelmanthorpe and Clayton West on the way home , some decent pubs art that way , gerroam abart 10 at neet
    Don’t know about Clayton West, but I don’t think there’s a decent boozer in Shat. I’d recommend a few in and around the town Centre of Huddersfield, or a cracker called the Flower Pot at Mirfield if you like real Ale.... Sun inn at Flockton does a nice pint and food grand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Don’t know about Clayton West, but I don’t think there’s a decent boozer in Shat. I’d recommend a few in and around the town Centre of Huddersfield, or a cracker called the Flower Pot at Mirfield if you like real Ale.... Sun inn at Flockton does a nice pint and food grand too.
    Too far to Wark ooham Jules, shat is that Skelmanthorpe ? If so a good new pub ont main rooard next to old post office, Denby Dale ezza few good uns too , Thallev to join us , bring thi banjo fo Clayton West tho

Too far to Wark ooham Jules, shat is that Skelmanthorpe ? If so a good new pub ont main rooard next to old post office, Denby Dale ezza few good uns too , Thallev to join us , bring thi banjo fo Clayton West tho
    Don’t know that new pub mate. I’d love to join you, was born in Skelmanthorpe, just like The Doctor......it’s a Mandolin I’m learning, not sure you’d appreciate ( or recognize) any tune I can knock out with it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Don’t know that new pub mate. I’d love to join you, was born in Skelmanthorpe, just like The Doctor......it’s a Mandolin I’m learning, not sure you’d appreciate ( or recognize) any tune I can knock out with it LOL
    Al let thi kno neera time weer wi goowin , av gorra old wesh board anna stick wi bottul topsonit , reyt racket thall bi reyt withi mandolin , owt guz in Clayton West wild country , West Yorkshire Wurzels , Luvvit , why is Skelly called shat ?

What was our allocation for Burnley ? Thought I'd read somewhere around 4 k , on OWS it says something like 2500 k ? Percentage wise to ground capacity that doesn't seem much,

Al let thi kno neera time weer wi goowin , av gorra old wesh board anna stick wi bottul topsonit , reyt racket thall bi reyt withi mandolin , owt guz in Clayton West wild country , West Yorkshire Wurzels , Luvvit , why is Skelly called shat ?
    I lived there years, my Father and his fathers father too. Nobody has a clue!

From Wiki

Locals know it as "Shat", which appears to be an abbreviation of "Shatterers" which is what the locals were known as. Local labour was taken on during construction of the railway to break or 'shatter' rocks as well as work on the excavations. These unskilled labourers were referred to as Shatterers.[4]

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    From Wiki

Locals know it as "Shat", which appears to be an abbreviation of "Shatterers" which is what the locals were known as. Local labour was taken on during construction of the railway to break or 'shatter' rocks as well as work on the excavations. These unskilled labourers were referred to as Shatterers.[4]
    Well I never knew thtat... you really do learn summat new every day on here don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    From Wiki

Thanks for that ESR , I drank regularly up there back in the day , Prospect Denby Dale , Chartist Shat on a Thursday night .

Good times , always wondered where the Shat thing came from .

Skelmanthorpe wo such a rough oyle in olden days strangers often shat themselves if they eddto walk darn street at neet, hence the name.

Nardays itz wot the locals say to their partner after he/she ez tekken the dog forra walk and they are just walking in through frunt dooar
    "Azzit shat ?" So the tradition continues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12